★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shinobi

09-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Shinobi

Anyone remembered this game? I was crazy about Shinobi when it first came out. If only some developers would pick this up and get a similar title out, if not we'll do it!

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khangtoh View Post
Anyone remembered this game? I was crazy about Shinobi when it first came out. If only some developers would pick this up and get a similar title out, if not we'll do it!
I love Shinobi

My best memories of it were the original on my Sega Master System (and of course the arcade version was best), then Revenge of Shinobi on Genesis
(Shadow Dancer was ok)

Isn't this game owned by Sega?

If so, they will port over a disaster that I wouldn't want

09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Quote:
It's a Sega game, isn't it?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Quote:
I remember it! It was a very visually appealling and quite fun game.

I dont think anyone is making anything like this for the iphone. There is samurai: way of the warrior, but Shinobi would be a different game all together.

I say do it! If you can make the game, then it would be a welcomed addition to my iphone gaming library.

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp
09-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I love Shinobi

My best memories of it were the original on my Sega Master System (and of course the arcade version was best), then Revenge of Shinobi on Genesis
(Shadow Dancer was ok)

Isn't this game owned by Sega?

If so, they will port over a disaster that I wouldn't want
Yeah, it's still owned by Sega, but what's stopping other game developers in coming up their own shinobi style game? I personally liked Revenge fo the Shinobi most.

http://www.sega.com/games/the-revenge-of-shinobi/

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp
09-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Not sure a twitch platform game like Shinobi would work well with touch controls. The user interface would need to be completely re-imagined for a good iDevice game...

Rōnin game developer.