★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *The Mothersheep needs your help!*
The Time Travel Clothing Company is stealing wool from kidnapped Quantum Sheep! The Mothersheep is sending out an SOS to any hero willing to help - Save Our Sheep!

Fly around with your jetpack rescuing sheep and putting them in your rocket! Aliens, UFOs, Bosses and a multitude of other hazards are out to stop you and dont forget to keep an eye on your ever-dwindling Air Supply!

Touch Arcade, 4.5/5 - "A great bit of straight-forward, challenging action, stuffed with more content than you would expect...You'll want to pick this up and start counting sheep immediately."

ArcadeLife, 9.1/10 - "SOS swaggers up like the best cover version of your favourite song and just demands to be played until either your thumbs or your battery are exhausted."

PocketGamer, 8/10 - "A bright combination of retro arcade gameplay and modern flourishes, Air Supply - SOS will leave you gasping for more."

iPhoneLife, 4.5/5 - "Air Supply SOS is a sure bet for some quick gaming goodness, but dont be surprised if you find it hard to put down."

Thank you! \o/

* Over 20 awesome characters to unlock!
* 10 Planets to play through - 100 levels in total!
* 11 amazing retro music tracks by Yerzmyey - all made on actual ZX Spectrums
* 10 monochrome colours (red, white, blue etc) plus new Living Colour mode.
* 16 perks - choose two to take into battle, including rocket, shield and air supply enhancements!
* Rescue sheep to unlock special perks!
* Collect stars, air and kills to unlock characters, music and colours!
* Battle big UFOs and huge bosses!
* Over 40 different alien enemies!
* Bonus Space stages - fly your spaceship against UFOs and asteroids
* Multiple options to customise the look and feel of the game! Over 11 million combinations!
* Inspired by the classic retro game Jetpac on the ZX Spectrum!
* Wonderfully bereft of IAP or adverts!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Quantumsheepgames
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRrv3-2tv7o

Tested on iPhone 4 and above, as well as the original iPad and above. Will work on iPod Touches 5 and above. Performance may vary depending on device.

PeteOzzy's comments:

09-24-2014, 05:27 AM
From the upcoming thread:

Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
''Skillfully avoiding marriage by jetting around the galaxy saving little sheep!''

Oh Sheepy. Even if your games didn't already own my heart then that line would have taken care of that all on it's own. And that's just the 2nd of 20 characters! Can't wait to see what other nuggets there are in store for us.

I know that continuity in the Air Supply universe is very important to you, and I admit it's one of the many things I love about your games. And it's really nice to see how your games (read: children) have grown, from 1 bit run to Infinite and now SOS.

I made it to level 17 with one life; I can tell that beating all 100 levels with a single life is going to be a great challenge! It's one I'm looking forward to. The controls, music and perks system are all excellent, and there are unlockables up the wazoo. Air Supply - SOS (Save Our Sheep) is all that I hoped it would be, and more.

09-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Even though Quantum Sheep has offered me a promo code, I will be supporting this awesome developer with my cash for this beautiful product as soon as it's 11:30 pm here in the States. I encourage ALL of ye TA members to do the same. Let's help get Sheepy on the iOS map with this game! Here's also hoping *crosses fingers and toes* that Apple is generous enough to feature this game, by one of the most talented yet underrated devs on the platform.

A question for QS; I already own the two previous Air Supply games and will this one too, but for those uninitiated to the AS world any chance of a bundle? That might help with exposure to your games
09-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Yeah i agree ! I got a promo code early and totally love this game, feel bad now i cant leave a review on the app store. Gifting this to a friend later so i can make up for it
09-24-2014, 07:50 AM
This actually looks really cool. I look forward to it hitting the US.
09-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
This actually looks really cool. I look forward to it hitting the US.
It's a lot of fun! Super fast paced and super tough. But there is a good balance between getting to progress (you can continue from the same level when you die) and being punished for failing (you lose your score when you die).

As always, a great unlock system with tons of stuff! Definitely worth checking out if you're even a little on the fence.

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace
09-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
It's a lot of fun! Super fast paced and super tough. But there is a good balance between getting to progress (you can continue from the same level when you die) and being punished for failing (you lose your score when you die).

As always, a great unlock system with tons of stuff! Definitely worth checking out if you're even a little on the fence.
Ah stop it you guys! Really looking forward to this, Quantum Sheep's games are always great quality. I absolutely love the look of this one, the Virtual Boy vibes are killing me!
09-24-2014, 10:02 AM
Some imps from the upcoming thread.

This is the game to get this week.

Originally Posted by JCho133
... On wave 12.... Can't.... Stop..... Must send.... SOS.... To QS.....

I about peed my pants when that UFO appeared on wave 6!

The controls, there's just something awesome about em. The best way I can describe them is "smoothly retro." The jump and shoot works really well.

I'm digging all the enemy types (when those alien guys that look like they're in floating coffins appeared, at around wave 4 or 5, was quite the surprise. Their movement pattern had me all wonky!) and their models are very cheeky

Also, nice bonus minigame Very nice touch

Rubber Pleasures really does pleasure me. Makes me want to lick my phone's stereo (not really! Metal tastes gross!)

The different colors are even more awesome now. I love it.

It's super satisfying when the text pops up saying you've unlocked something too

I realize that's a jumbled mess but I think it gets my point across! (I haven't even gotten to try out the perks yet)

You've managed to tear me from my 3DS (meaning Metroid, Mega Man 2, and the original Legend of Zelda!) and I'm not mad at you for doing so!

Last edited by JCho133; 09-24-2014 at 07:58 PM.
09-24-2014, 11:56 AM
My review from the upcoming thread. Highly recommended retro fun with toms of unlockables and tough as nails! No IAP, No ads!!!

Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Playing on an early copy a little sheep left on my doorstep and this is awesome. If you like single room arena platformers like Super Crate Box this is right up your alley. Lots of unblockables to keep you replaying again and again. Typical Quantum Sheep awesomeness dripping from every corner. Seriously! I can't wait to hear others feedback on how far they are getting. I thought level six was kicking my posterior until I got to level seven. I love how you can replay levels where you left off. Controls are spot on. I can easily wiggly my thumb to change direction without lifting from the screen. The action button activates your boost as well as your lasers. The 2001 reference did not go unnoticed. And did I mention that I love it? Oh yeah, and I love it. I've already unlocked two power ups, a second soundtrack and a second screen color. All in about a half hours time. This will sit on my main screen in a place of honor right next to Pix n Love Rush. Awesome little game that I will enjoy for a long time. Thank you sirs!!!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
i have to echo every sentiment above, and more. Most of the time when I'm looking forward to something it turns out to be not as good as I'd hoped or expected, but this has actually delivered more. I've played up to level 39 and it's just phenomenal. It's easy to get into but rewards good play. Like old minter or arcade games where you know you've got better just by playing more and you've sort of got better in an intuitive way. If you're the wrong side of 40 and went to school in the UK then this will bring back happy memories. It's also just like all the best homages updated to NOW so it works on both levels. Music, graphics, unlocks, perks, arcade or casual gameplay - and I can play as JCho and AndyC83. For me, it doesn't get any better than this.