★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Its time to get back to paper nature!

Shred It! is an innovative endless runner by Extra Mile Studios. Snowboard your way down a never-ending hill in a beautiful paper-craft world.

In a sublimely atmospheric and ever-changing landscape, a dynamic weather system swirls around you as you tear your way down the slopes, collecting leaves and performing awesome tricks.

Every run is different, with wildlife hazards and a perilous environment that could end your perfect run in a heartbeat!

Compete for the ultimate high-score against your friends and the worldwide Shred It! community, unlocking super cool characters, abilities, boards and outfits along the way.

Do you have what it takes to Shred It! against the best?

Find out more about Shred it! at http://shreditgame.com

Join us at www.fb.me/shreditgame and follow us @shreditgame
09-24-2014, 05:37 PM
This looks amazing.

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA

09-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Nice for knowing this is out today
09-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Wow! This looks good!! This is turning out to be a great week!!

EDIT: can't find it in the US AppStore.
09-24-2014, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Wow! This looks good!! This is turning out to be a great week!!

EDIT: can't find it in the US AppStore.
Just got it from the US store, and played it for a bit. Looks and sounds fantastic, and plays well on my iPad 4. The gameplay seems pretty simple though. Probably not a game I'll stay interested in for long, but it's fun.

Edit: After playing some more, I'm finding I have a big problem with the game not registering my upward swipes, so I don't jump when I meant to. Probably half my crashes are because of it not jumping when I tried to. I'm pretty sure it's a matter of technique on my part, but I wish it was more sensitive about registering swipes. At least on the iPad it seems to require a fairly large and fast swipe to register.

Last edited by bilboa; 09-25-2014 at 12:38 AM.
09-25-2014, 04:16 AM
I really like a lot about this game. The art direction is fantastic, the controls are great and the soundtrack is great too. However, i see no option to pay to disable ads which is a deal breaker for me
09-25-2014, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
I really like a lot about this game. The art direction is fantastic, the controls are great and the soundtrack is great too. However, i see no option to pay to disable ads which is a deal breaker for me
Just contact them...

http://shreditgame.com/

More people who ask them things like that they may release a version to disable ad's etc
09-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Just contact them...

http://shreditgame.com/

More people who ask them things like that they may release a version to disable ad's etc
Good idea

Will do
09-25-2014, 05:06 AM
I have been playing this too becuase I love board games and the art style is excellent.

Unfortunately to controls are really poor, the boundaries of many obstacles are unclear so you hit them unexpectedly and the currency accumulation rate is abysmally poor (for obvious Freemium reasons).

If they made it a paid App and fixed the horrible controls, I could see myself loving it. As it is, it probably won't last on my Ipad until the morning. A shame.
09-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Hi Bilboa,

Firstly, glad you like how it looks and sounds. Our goal was to make the game simple - especially at the start - but we hope the increasing challenge and variety of obstacles and critters will provide a challenge to even the best players.

Sorry you have found the controls tricky.

We did a huge amount of user testing and tweaking on that aspect of the game, especially because a lot of people will be for the first time playing a runner that is not on rails and is landscape rather than portrait.

With the continuous left/right movement compromises have to be made to make sure that the game doesn't accidentally jump when you mean to move and vice versa.

Hopefully if you persevere a little you'll get a technique that works?

Shred It! Support