★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2k drive -> free

09-25-2014, 08:26 AM
2k drive -> free

WOAH.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
09-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Can anyone explain the "Founder's VIP IAP"? It costs $10 and gives access to many cars, but I have several questions:

- Does it remove ads?
- Are the cars directly available in the garage? I mean: you buy the IAP and get all the cars?
- If new cars appear, are they unlocked with this IAP, or do you have to buy them?

It sounds as if the $10 IAP is a "buy full game" IAP, but you still need stars to fix the cars, right?

09-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Can anyone explain the "Founder's VIP IAP"? It costs $10 and gives access to many cars, but I have several questions:

- Does it remove ads?
- Are the cars directly available in the garage? I mean: you buy the IAP and get all the cars?
- If new cars appear, are they unlocked with this IAP, or do you have to buy them?

It sounds as if the $10 IAP is a "buy full game" IAP, but you still need stars to fix the cars, right?
Ads?
09-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post

- Does it remove ads?

Nothing has changed in the game.
The iap is still the same as it always was and there is no update available, mine is version 1.7, that would bring in ads or the Freemium mechanics.
That VIP thing was always there and it just gave coins or some thing to unlock the cars quicker as far as I know but it was never anything that was ever needed in any way unless your were very impatient and didn't actually play the game.
09-25-2014, 04:11 PM
I called it, this want getting that many sales as it wasn't really popular on the AppStore. At least it's a bit better and real Freemuim racing 3
09-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
I called it, this want getting that many sales as it wasn't really popular on the AppStore. At least it's a bit better and real Freemuim racing 3
It may be free at the moment because of a sale but nothing has changed in the structure of it or in the mechanics. So it is not a Freemium switch as it stands right now so I'm not quite sure what you think you called.
09-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
It may be free at the moment because of a sale but nothing has changed in the structure of it or in the mechanics. So it is not a Freemium switch as it stands right now so I'm not quite sure what you think you called.
I called that it would go free, not Freemuim, I was saying that I prefer it over RR3
09-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Quote:
I called that it would go free, not Freemuim, I was saying that I prefer it over RR3
Fair enough. "Called it" sorta gave the impression that you thought it had gone freemium. Or at least that seems to be what people mean when it's a thread in the price drop section.
Some think it has but as it is one of the better and more realistic sim racers, thought it was better to make it clear it hasn't.
Other wise people might avoid one of those little gems that they really should have a go at.
09-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Haven't been able to "connect", or play, since the moment I downloaded it yesterday.
09-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Back to its original price. I guess it was a weekend sale to celebrate it was released a year ago. In any case, a great game which went unnoticed for me due to its appearance of a freemium game under a premium tag. Now I can say it's quite premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Haven't been able to "connect", or play, since the moment I downloaded it yesterday.
It works for me. Sometimes I get a "couldn't connect to 2K servers" message, but I guess it's due to my WiFi.