★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Surfs up! Land amazing tricks, collect power-ups and avoid a wipe out in this addictive, turbo charged surfing side-scroller.

Drop in from your helicopter and surf the greatest wave in the universe. Look out for rocks and whales, navigate tropical thunderstorms and launch into space to earn points and unlock wicked new boards. Challenge friends to a surf-off and watch the leaderboards to see whos boss.

Surfys got the coolest features:

Simple controls: Only two fingers needed for success!
Crazy tricks: Bounce off whales, get thrown by tornados, perform mega-spins, defy gravity to reach Mars, ride the tube and heaps more!
Earn coins: Land tricks to earn coins, then hit the surf store to redeem them for power-ups and radical new boards.
Multiplayer mode: Surfing is even more fun with friends! Challenge a pal to a surf-off and compete for the high score and bonus coins!
Global Leaderboard: Move up the rankings as you compete with the best in the World.
09-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Nice find Pete, trying now as I love a good surfing game!

09-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Wasn't this the game that they sent the cool greeting card to TA? If so, I've been waiting for this. As always, great find Pete!!
09-25-2014, 11:58 AM
I've been following this one for a few weeks now and have been looking forward to it! Hope it's all expect it to be and the IAP is not necessary, or else----gonna hit the ol' delete button! Know what I'm sayin'?
09-26-2014, 06:39 AM
09-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Started playing this one a little today. It's not too bad. Pretty fun.
09-26-2014, 11:58 AM
I really adore the presentation on this one. (It kind of reminds me of that game where you're a giant crab?). Very pretty to look at.

But I have to say. I'm not sold on the gameplay yet.

It's probably just the nature of surfing or surfing games but because you can wipe out so easily, some games only last 10-15 seconds. One little mistake and you're done.

Feels a bit frustrating.

It just doesn't have that 'one more go' thing that jet pack joyride and the like, have.

It feels a little disjointed and not a lot going on with upgrades etc.

I don't know. I sound really down on it and it's by no means a bad game. Maybe it just isn't for me.

But feels like a beta or something. It needs something.... More.

Last edited by CharleneLam8; 09-26-2014 at 12:09 PM.
10-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Universal Gameplay

02-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Surfy (By DreamWalk) - It's like 8bit classic California Games on Steroids!

Surfs up! Land amazing tricks, collect power-ups and avoid a wipe out in this addictive, turbo charged surfing side-scroller. #1 Sports Game in Australia and NZ!

ABOUT SURFY
This exciting new endless-runner brings the beach straight to players fingertips for the ultimate surf adventure.

With simple two-finger controls Surfy is a fast paced and strongly addictive ride reminiscent of 8bit classics such as California Games. The ride begins when players are dropped into a wave by helicopter. The player must then stay ahead of the break while navigating exotic locations, performing tricks and collecting power-ups to compete for a spot on the leaderboard.

From surviving violent tropical thunderstorms to performing radical aerial stunts into outer space, surfers rack up points and coins when achievements are unlocked and tricks are landed. Coins are redeemable in the Surf Shop for upgraded boards and power-ups for invincibility, gravity defying jumps, power boosts and more.

FEATURES
Simple controls: Only two fingers needed for success!
Crazy tricks: Bounce off whales, get thrown by tornados, perform mega-spins, defy gravity to reach Mars, ride the tube and heaps more!
Earn coins: Find treasure chests and challenge friends to earn coins, then hit the Surf Shop to redeem them for power-ups and radical new boards.
Multiplayer mode: Surfing is even more fun with friends! Challenge a pal to a surf-off and complete for the high score and prize money!
Global Leaderboard: Move up the rankings as you compete with the best in the World.

DOWNLOAD NOW FOR FREE!
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id880448086

ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
DreamWalk is a boutique app studio based in Melbourne, Australia. It was founded by brothers, Joe and Sam Russell in 2008 with the development the worlds first commercial GPS treasure-hunting app, also called DreamWalk. DreamWalks most recent game, Jam for iPhone, reached #1 on the App Store music app charts in 26 countries, was featured in dozens of publications and showcased at SXSW 2013.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	greatest-wave.png
Views:	3
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	83807   Click image for larger version

Name:	stunts.png
Views:	2
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	83808   Click image for larger version

Name:	space.png
Views:	3
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	83809  

Click image for larger version

Name:	powerups.png
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	83810   Click image for larger version

Name:	challenge.png
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	83811  

Last edited by DreamWalk; 02-12-2015 at 08:07 PM.
02-12-2015, 10:34 PM
If anyone has played the latest version of Surfy, we'd love your feedback!