★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Depth Hunter 2 offers 25 exciting missions in 3 huge locations around the world. Players will hunt different fish species and face the difficulties of breath-holding spearfishing, an ancient fishing method.

Players will also have to find treasures and get the possibility to take underwater photos to capture the beauty of the simulated, detailed and lively underwater worlds theyre exploring also in an exploration mode.

Spearfishing and Underwater Hunting are ancient fishing and hunting methods, used to catch fish by using a mechanical harpoon. Today, spearfishing is a sports activity in many countries around the world, especially in the UK, around the Mediterranean Sea and in South America. Spearfishers hunt while diving apnea, holding their breath, so have to coordinate their energy carefully while monitoring their prey, especially in tactically challenging hunting situations.
09-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Just picked this up on PC the other day so it's nice to see this out on iOS already. I'm a huge lover of Everblue, Endless Ocean and other aquatic games so it's a dream game for me but I think many others will find it a little light in the gameplay - definitely check a few reviews out.

I'm not trying to put people off but it's a niche experience and there's no hiding that. I'm really enjoying it as a relaxing dive sim with light treasure elements and fish "collecting". You'll probably know if you'll like it before going in, if you're unsure then I'd say it's unlikely.

09-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Just picked this up on PC the other day so it's nice to see this out on iOS already. I'm a huge lover of Everblue, Endless Ocean and other aquatic games so it's a dream game for me but I think many others will find it a little light in the gameplay - definitely check a few reviews out.

I'm not trying to put people off but it's a niche experience and there's no hiding that. I'm really enjoying it as a relaxing dive sim with light treasure elements and fish "collecting". You'll probably know if you'll like it before going in, if you're unsure then I'd say it's unlikely.
I appreciate that insight. Honest, objective opinions like that are what I look for!
When I was younger, I used to spearfish with a snorkel, fins, and rubber band spear, so I have some interest in this type of game, and if I see some good impressions, I'll be sure to pick this up!
09-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Quote:

I LOVE Endless Ocean. EO2 is one of my favorite Wii games. How is Depth Hunter 2 compared to that?
09-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:

Is this one similar to the Chillingo one released a couple months back?
12-16-2014, 01:58 PM
The game is now $2.99 for anyone interested
12-16-2014, 09:20 PM
We've some fascination with this particular activity.
12-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Looks interesting. Looking forward to some more imps.
12-17-2014, 03:05 PM
My gripes are the buttons are way too tiny for iPhone and it appears to be impossible to leave the darn boat after the first mission. From what I saw the environment is beautiful though. I'd hold off to see if the dev addresses these issues.
12-19-2014, 11:37 AM
There is a demo for PC version on Steam. You could try out the demo to get an idea of what the iOS version would be like