★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
View Poll Results: What's your take on this App?
Played the Game - Very Interesting, Extremely Challenging and Intelligent 1 14.29%
Played the Game - Moderately Interesting, Moderately Challenging and Moderately Intelligent 0 0%
Played the Game - Interesting, Challenging and Intelligent 0 0%
Need to Improve 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
App description: Strike or Shield is a game that requires dexterity, focus, analysis and planning. In this game, the opponents' strength has to be assessed and both defensive and offensive tactics have to be employed.

If you like Chess, Sudoku, Japanese game 'Go', weiqi or wei ch'i (Chinese) or baduk (Korean) or any other puzzle/logic game, then, you will definitely love this one. Guaranteed!

Features:
A Strategic board game
Incredible AI(Artifical Intelligence) - Try all levels and you'd know
Simple, intuitive user-interface
3 levels of play Easy, Medium and Difficult
Easy to play, difficult to master
Rules section within the App
Option to Strike or Shield

General info:
Played by all age groups.
Favorite pastime for millions of people world-wide.
Centuries old game

Customer Comments
(Rated Five stars from our customers):
Awesome App
Addictive
Nostalgic
Bang for the buck
Two thumbs up
Great work out for the brain

Follow me on Facebook: iPhone App - Strike or Shield
Follow me on Twitter: Strike_Shield

strike_shield's comments:
Guys,

Check out this App - it is an ancient Indian game that dates back many centuries. Really cool one !! You MUST try this App and trust me, you will be blown away. This is suitable for all ages.

09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Strike or Shield App released

History of the Game:
Strike or Shield is a strategic board game that dates back many centuries and shares its land of origin with Chess. The game’s history is apparent – both from the walls of the Temples (Picture posted on Face book group) where it was incised centuries ago to manifest one of the leisurely activities at that time and when unearthed as one of the artifacts.

According to the Archaeological Society of India, they have unearthed several artifacts and one among them (see below for the picture) indicates that the Dutch Inhabitants in Southern India, about 400 years ago, played this local game.

Now, let’s talk About the Game & its Rules:

Strike or Shield is a game that requires dexterity, focus, analysis and planning. In this game, the opponents' strength has to be assessed and both defensive and offensive tactics have to be employed.

So, this is how the game works: the Tigers have to hunt the Goats, while the Goats have to shield their predators. At the start of the game, all 3 Tigers move from only the apex one after the other to the board alternating with the Goat movement. The Pieces can be placed only at the intersection of the board lines and the movement must follow these lines. To aid the user spot the intersection points on the board, the app would highlight them with a red circle when a piece is dragged to any of the intersection points. However, the red circle does not in any way indicate the valid moves for either piece; instead, it merely highlights the intersection points where the pieces can be placed on the board.

This App is designed in such a way that it lets you choose at the beginning of the game, to either Strike (gets control of 3 Tigers) or Shield (gets control of 15 Goats) for a One-Player game option (Default). The App takes control of the opposite side based on the user choice and plays with the intelligence level selected by the user. For the Two-Player Game option, the User gets to control both the Tigers movements & the Goats’ movements, yet, following the same rules but only without the App’s interference.

The Goats, always, regardless of the choice, gets to move first at the start of game and can be placed on any intersection on the board. To enhance the user experience, I’ve designed the App for all skill-levels – Easy, Medium and Difficult. The default level is set to an Easy mode but this can be changed from the Level of Play screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ASI_Image_Final.png
Views:	3
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	7237  

Last edited by strike_shield; 09-03-2009 at 04:36 PM.

09-03-2009, 07:33 PM
While the history of the game seems quite interesting in your other link, I find the graphic presentation almost child like. Just from the look of the application I can tell you it is not a $4 app.

Munkie!

Last edited by Prab; 09-03-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: other thread merged
09-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Here's the problem with your poll: you have three nearly identical positive choices and one negative.

Don't you realize that any positive responses you get are going to be split among the three positive choices, and all the negatives are going to be in one? Which means that, most likely, the negative option is going to be the runaway winner with your little poll here?

(Never mind the fact that most people aren't going to actually buy the game, but are just going to give you a negative vote anyway, because that's how people on internet forums roll)
09-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormoop View Post
but are just going to give you a negative vote anyway, because that's how people on internet forums roll)
And he got one positive review, my cynical mind can guess who gave him that one. It was there before your post, and my post, and the other post, hmmm......

Munkie!
09-03-2009, 10:36 PM
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Same as Lion's Play
Check Out Lion's Play with 20 levels of game in free (supported by ads) and paid version.

http://www.itunes.com/apps/LionsPlay

and

http://www.itunes.com/apps/LionsPlayLite

Enjoy

Ravi