★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Sackboy, the knitted hero from the multi-award winning LittleBigPlanet series on PlayStation® lands into the palm of your hand in this brand new endless platformer!

RUN as fast as you can through an ever-changing handcrafted world
DASH to ESCAPE the GOO and the clutches of the grumpy Negativitron!

*Iconic worlds and characters from the LittleBigPlanet games
*Exclusive costumes to customise your Sackboy
*Collect Stickers to unlock Prizes!
*Power Ups and Upgrades including the all-new Glider!
*Challenge and compete with your friends

Run SackBoy! Run! is free to download and can be played without making In App Purchases, however some in-game items such as Save Me Hearts can be acquired through in-app purchases. You can turn off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases on your device.

Bubbles can be purchased or can be collected in game at no extra cost. They can also be used to buy special costumes that increase your multiplier, upgrades to power ups, Save Me Hearts or Lucky Chests.

Run SackBoy! Run! is free to download and uses push notifications, this feature can be turned off by disabling it on your device.

A Third Party Analytics provider (Google Analytics) may collect data about how you use this app. This can be disabled within the settings menu within Run Sackboy! Run!.

A valid Facebook account is required to activate Leaderboards.

A third party solution (Ad Colony) is used within the game for promotional purposes.
09-26-2014, 09:41 PM
What is going on today?! Nintendo and Sony franchises, PC ports and Warhammer, loads of soft launches...going to be a busy weekend playing through all of this!

Edit: A few short impressions. This is stunning, more than just a cash-in or "interactive advert", it's actually one of the nicest runners I've played in a long time. It feels like LBP as well, with the sounds, characters and stickers to collect. Initially I was concerned that it would get repetitive but as soon as I thought that the environment changed so I'm pretty impressed. It's also absolutely beautiful, really captures the essence of the console games. Needs more Stephen Fry, though I'd say that's a fair criticism of everything that doesn't have Stephen Fry in it.

IAPs: Currency doubler, should be $4.99 so not that cheap. All the usual consumable currency packs are intact as expected but at least there's only one currency. Earned enough in the tutorial and one run to buy the first costume that adds a multiplier so it's not too shabby.

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 09-26-2014 at 10:16 PM.

09-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Damn, I'm at work...will have this in the morning
09-26-2014, 11:32 PM
Hurghhhh omg more interesting games. Though it seems a bit big. I'm tempted. But it's free so why not I suppose. I feel like I'm installing everything I see once I got 128 GB :\ Bad idea.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
09-27-2014, 02:07 AM
I'm impressed, this is one of the coolest endless runners I played in a long time. Great visuals, many missions and upgrades. The best thing is that you can run different paths. First I thought that it's way too easy but as soon as it speeds up a bit, it gets challenging to avoid the obstacles.

Now lets hope the dev adds Game Center!

Game Center: sink_or_swim
09-27-2014, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
i'm impressed, this is one of the coolest endless runners i played in a long time. Great visuals, many missions and upgrades. The best thing is that you can run different paths. First i thought that it's way too easy but as soon as it speeds up a bit, it gets challenging to avoid the obstacles.

Now lets hope the dev adds game center!

fotonica
09-27-2014, 02:21 AM
Game Impressions

09-27-2014, 02:36 AM
Colour me impressed- an endless runner from a large company that, dare I say, doesn't look half bad!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...but so is tomorrow...
09-27-2014, 03:57 AM
Game Impressions

09-27-2014, 04:18 AM
Looks really good! I hope we see this in the Australian store when it's released. I'm worried if it's Sony that we might not get it 😥