★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The craziest puzzle game ever!

Justin Timber and Firestarter Fiona need your help in saving the Puzzle World that has been taken over by Bandits. Solve challenging and colorful puzzles and build the ultimate battle team of Heroes. Save the Puzzle World from the cunning Puzzle Bandits who will try their best to take you down!

Play the crazy Puzzle Bandits alone, play together with your friends in a Clan, or challenge your friends in an ultimate puzzle match.

PUZZLE BANDITS WILL:
- Test your wit against the Puzzle Bandits in the craziest match type puzzle game.
- Gorgeous beautiful characters to collect.
- Choose from hundreds of Hero characters and personalize your puzzle deck.
- Collect trophies in fierce PvP against your real friends.
- Form a clan with other players and compete against rival clans
- Embark on tons of quests to win awesome in-game items.
- Get access to new content added regularly
- Leaderboards to watch your friends and competitors!
09-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Quite enjoying myself so far. The matching is refreshingly different with many possibilities. The game aesthetics are very clean, there is a lot going on in the background with character attributes and leveling up. A minor gripe I have is that I don't understand for example so well how the character attributes translate precisely into damage inflicted or who your guys will target and why sometimes they target only one foe and at other times multiple foes. But ultimately, I hope I don't hit a frustrating paywall as this is a F2P game - I've currently only finished the initial 7 levels with 2 successful duels. The game does allow to buy better characters with real money. Hmmm. We'll see.

10-01-2014, 03:32 AM
I've been a fan of this style of Match 3 for awhile, Wrath of Olympus, Puzzles and Dragons, etc. This is better than all of them. I like the simplistic UI, sounds, and animations. I came across this game several times in the past week, and I avoided it until tonight. I'm glad I downloaded it.

Game Center: PsYcHoNoVa
10-01-2014, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoNoVa View Post
...Puzzles and Dragons...This is better than all of them imo
FIFY

I'll definitely try it out later on.
10-01-2014, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekku View Post
FIFY

I'll definitely try it out later on.
There is no need to state that it's my opinion. I am saying it, therefore it's implied. If it wasn't my opinion, I would have said something along the lines of, "According to Nekku, this game is better than P&D".

Save the grammar lesson for someone who needs it.

Game Center: PsYcHoNoVa
10-01-2014, 04:19 AM
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
There is no pause option when fighting with AI.
AI always do the most effective attack.
If you start to do a move, moving it back is counted.
Deleted.

Last edited by spajdr; 10-01-2014 at 04:23 AM.
10-01-2014, 04:22 AM
I am impressed! Holy, this is good.
As an long time P&D player I feeling right at home in this game. Puzzle mechanics are almost exactly the same. Match 3 orbs for a single attack (where your attack power is based on the character stat) and 5+ orbs for a mass attack. I love making huge combos in P&D and you can do this in this game, too. So no simple one by one moving. The game itself adds some other unique mechanics like matching + orbs to create stronger elemental orbs.
I love the pop/dance music in this one and I swear I've even heard a popular dance track which was really cool.
What I don't like is that moving orbs around isn't as fluid as in other similar games. I think this is due to the orbs being so small on my iPhone screen. It will be better to play on iPad or the new 6 or 6+ I guess.

I'm glad that this isn't just another P&D clone.
It has a stylish clean UI, unique gameplay mechanics and superb music.
I'm not sure how heavy IAP is in this one so this is still something which is left to explore.
10-01-2014, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoNoVa View Post
There is no need to state that it's my opinion. I am saying it, therefore it's implied. If it wasn't my opinion, I would have said something along the lines of, "According to Nekku, this game is better than P&D".

Save the grammar lesson for someone who needs it.
I was just kidding. Calm down, heh.
As you see, I'm with you. It's darn good.

Edit: played it for some time now and it isnt that good as I tought as it was in the beginning.
Worst part is duels. I was 1st in my league but then I've encountered some battles where the oppenent had the first move. The AI is dumb as sh*t (which is another flaw) and combo'ed really bad like always but then he got so many skyfalls and just beat me in his first move while I couldnt do anything. He beat me just by pure luck. This isnt even real time multiplayer so why does the oppenent gets the first move anyways? Another thing is, you have usually 5 secs to pull of your move but the CPU oppenent has unlimited time. Sometimes I watch it for like 8 or 10 secs and then he pulls of a freaking 3 match combo wtf. He is moving orbs like if he doesnt really know what he is doing at all and will always pick an orb first which matches the color of the monster who is attacking which isnt really clever.
Next thing is as soon as you hit the play button your stamina will be lowered and you will initially get thrown into the level menu and from there on is no going back. Some battles dont spawn red orbs as example. If you have a red attacker in your party you cant swap him with another one. So he will be pretty much useless sitting in his spot. One wasted spot and sometimes wasted stamina, too.
I didnt got any premium currency for completing anything in the game yet like in other Match 3 freemium games which means no way to pull some higher ranked monsters without paying real money.
It has started so well...

Last edited by Nekku; 10-01-2014 at 02:47 PM.