★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch - NZ] Rise of Mythos (by Kongregate)

09-27-2014, 10:31 AM
[Soft Launch - NZ] Rise of Mythos (by Kongregate)

Quote:
NZ Soft Launch info:

The Game is Soft Launching in New Zealand. Size of the app is 58.4 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
Rise of Mythos, the #1 hit strategy/RPG browser game, is now mobile!

***"If you're into collectible card games, tower defense, and a bit of RTS, then check out Rise of Mythos." - Massively***

CONTROL THE BATTLEFIELD!
In Rise of Mythos, the power to command is at your fingertips! Marvel as your armies come to life in 3D and obey your every whim!

PLAY IT YOUR WAY!
With over 1500 troops to mix and match, you are free to pwn as you please!

DO IT ALL ON YOUR OWN!
Play through 60+ story stages and 70 levels of the grueling Ascension Tower for rare units and rewards…all on your own!

MAKE FRIENDS, NOT FRENEMIES!
Join a Guild, make Friends and take on the Bosses of the Challenge Hall! Friends not online? No worry! Invite their units to assist you in battle, even when they are offline.

I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED TO SUCCEED!
Got beef? Take it out on all your friends, foes and frenemies in the PvP arena. Climb up the rankings and earn yourself the rarest of rare rewards…RESPECT!
iPhone Screenshots:

09-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Used to be you would see a couple soft launches each month, now it's more like a few each week. Freemium has firmly established itself as the primary monetization scheme on the App Store.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
09-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Looking at the comments this has been out since last year. It does look interesting but I'm going to bet is an online-only game looking the the NZ comments and people saying they can't connect.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
09-27-2014, 12:38 PM
This is a really great game. Although it is freemium, it is also an actual game. Although it is collectable, it is also an actual game. With all the freemium games that keep hitting the market, it is amazing how many forget to include an actual game, so this one has really grabbed my attention. The basic mechanic is a lane battler, tug-of-war game. However, there is no leveling of cards that throws off the balance in so many games. Individual cards have rarity, but the higher rarity, stronger cards take significantly longer to play, allowing a balance to remain that keep common cards useful as you progress. Aside from creatures, you have classes you can choose to play as that offer access to certain spell and ability cards. Considering how many freemium games I've deleted recently for have no depth or longevity, it is nice to see one that may stand the test of time.
09-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Looks like I spoke too soon. Once you get to a certain level you start to unlock buildings that in turn slowly introduce all the annoying features that in general make freemium titles so undesirable.

Oh well, still seems to be fun so far. I'll at least get my $0 worth of entertainment. Code: 1044943 if anyone wants free cards.

Last edited by Kirenx; 09-27-2014 at 02:00 PM.