Wave Wave 2.0 - Beta Testers Needed

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Masstertron, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Masstertron

Masstertron Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    #1 Masstertron, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Hey everyone!

UPDATE: No more testers needed. Thanks to everyone that offered help.

Wave Wave was released in March this year, and it was also recently selected as part of the PAX Aus Indie Showcase which I'm delighted with, and I'm really looking forward to talking with people about it and showing them the game in home town Melbourne.

But... I've been working on an update that isn't really an update; rather a complete, ground-up remake. Yup, and I need some testers really soon.

Here is the trailer for the currently available version.

[hqyoutube]VWiv3HAQoB0[/hqyoutube]

And here are some iPhone 5 wallpapers you can use, from the new version. Enjoy!

img_red_3.png img_yellow_6.png img_pink_5.png img_green_2.png img_blue_1.png

The awesome <3 TA'ers that tested the game before might want to give it a go, so if you guys or anyone else are interested, leave a message and let's get to it :)

I don't need that many people, so PM me with your TestFlight email and I'll get back to the those I've added.

Can't wait!

UPDATE: No more testers needed. Thanks to everyone that offered help.

Thank you,
    Tom

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    WHAT THE–?!

Sign me up.

3. Masstertron

Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    I have a few more testers now which is fantastic, so thank you for your messages. I'm excited too!

4. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    May I ask when you expect this to hit?

5. Masstertron

Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    The last week of October is looking good at the moment.

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I have absolutely no idea what is going on in those screen shots, but if you manage to top the original, then you deserve eternal commendation.

I'm looking forward to the beta tester highscore battles once again.

Oh, and congrats on the showcase ;)

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Heck yes!! I can't wait!!! I love this game!!!!

8. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Oh he topped the original alright, in gameplay AND difficulty. Btw, Im not sure if I want to unlock wavex.... Wave Wave is insane enough!

Also, my highscore is 41 right now on the first difficulty.

9. Masstertron

Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    You really are good at video games. Just saying.

10. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Just curious, what are your records? And thanks :D

11. Masstertron

Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Well I've got > 60 seconds in WAVIEST - Rotator, and about 40 seconds in WAVE WAVE - Rotator. Haven't play tested WAVEX myself and probably never will. It's a "joke" difficulty after all.

I think if I tweaked WAVEX too much I would end up negatively changing the experience ;).

12. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    #12 darnoc703, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Oh god. So you have never really even played much of wavex? Now I want to see it even more....

Also, what are you planning on calling the game one it is released? Wave Wave 2.0? Wave Wave 2?

13. Masstertron

Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    It's an update! Same name and game.

14. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Ohhhhhh I got the impression that you were releasing it as a separate game!! Hmmm maybe people might still want the original game. I know that sometimes when a game is changed in a huge way people want the original still, is it possible to let players still play the original game as a separate option? For example, I know when swing copters was first released people cam accustomed to the difficulty and when he released an update making it SUPER easy, people weren't exactly pleased and wanted the harder difficulty back. Just a suggestion, however I don't know if it would make the file size to big for some people.

15. Masstertron

Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    That's a good thought, although I think Wave Wave has around 350 ratings on the US App Store right now, so it won't cause too much trouble if the user base expands.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Gulp. I'm rocking 12.

God damn this is hard! I really like that it seems that the "course" seems to be a bit more varied this time around (from what I could tell, haven't gotten very far)

And will we be able to test the other modes? Or is the update only rotator for now?

Also, not sure how I feel about this being an update. This is a completely different game from the original.

17. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    I was wondering the same thing, I noticed it still says rotator. Is there other modes planned?

18. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I agree if this replaces an entire perfected game with a million modes, it would be an entire shame.
    Jcho is right. This is really freaking hard. It almost like they made it more like super hex in the level of upfront difficultly for the first time. My highscore is only 4.99 seconds on the first level playing it for 5 minutes. I'm also slightly intoxicated to enhance this glorious experience, yay weekend!. I think that the first drop in, into the level needs to be tweaked in some way because it's sometimes almost unnecessarily too unpredictable the direction the arrow will go. I think this can be improved.

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Once you past the first set of obstacles where you go in one direction for a long time the your icon goes off camera or too close to the edge and you can't see it for a bit. BTW this new version is insane! I love it!

20. Masstertron

Patreon Bronze

Dec 18, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Do you mean when you restart the game each time, the first obstacles are too varied and unpredictable?