★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Assassin's Creed Identity (Ubisoft) Coming February 25th

09-30-2014, 03:36 AM
Assassin's Creed Identity (Ubisoft) Coming February 25th

Quote:
Description

*** ASSASSIN'S CREED IDENTITY is the first Assassin's Creed action RPG game for iPad and iPhone that lets you create, develop and customize your own Assassins and play as them in one of the greatest classic Assassin's Creed eras: the Italian Renaissance.

*requires iOS 7 and iPad3 or later, or iPhone5 or later*

THE ACCLAIMED ASSASSINíS CREED GAMEPLAY NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUR IPHONE AND IPAD
- Become an assassin and experience the freedom of movement for which the Assassin's Creed franchise is so famous - for the 1st time ever on your phone or tablet! Controls support simple tap-to-move and dual virtual stick controls.
- Short and varied game sessions designed to be played on the go.
- Randomly generated missions, created around 16 different mission types, allow for a virtually unlimited lifespan and ensure you never have to play the same missions twice.
- Unravel the mysteries of Assassin's Creed Identity as you play story missions in the Coliseum, Florence and other famous locations of the Italian Renaissance.
- Unlock new locations and items by playing through the game.
- Learn the history of monuments, characters or events that you come across by reading the extensive Codex.

EXPERIENCE THE FIRST ACTION-RPG OF THE FRANCHISE FOR FREE
- Choose between 3 unique classes, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and find the one that fits your play style best. Experiment and play in open sandbox levels.
- Customize your own Assassins by using your loot and choosing from unique outfits and color variations.
- Use the decryption system to create the best among tens of thousands of items.
- Hire friends and other players as Assassins to help you complete your objectives. Call them at any time during mission to get them to come to your help.
- Train, develop and equip 2 different Assassins.

THE TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE OF THE ASSASSIN'S CREED GAMES ON YOUR PHONE OR TABLET
- Discover the Italian Renaissance - the favorite era among Assassin's Creed fans - recreated in full 3D open maps.
- A new milestone in mobile graphics with the latest Unity engine and custom-made HD textures, shaders, and models, as based on the Assassin's Creed console games.
- The game features a dynamic crowd system, night/day/weather presets and dynamic lighting, which bring the different locations to life like you've never seen before on the mobile platform.

Assassinís Creed Identity is free to play, you can choose to pay real money for some in game items which will charge your iTunes account.
You can disable in-app purchases by adjusting your device settings.

Weíre really sorry, but Assassinís Creed Identity doesnít work properly on iPod 5, iPad 2 and lower and iPhone 4S and lower.
We tried very hard to accommodate these devices, but we werenít able to create the experience we want you to have for now.
-
Join Assassin's Creed Identity community!
https://www.facebook.com/AssassinsCreedIdentity
https://twitter.com/acidentity

Join your community!
Facebook http://facebook.com/UbisoftMobileGames
Twitter http://twitter.com/ubisoftmobile
Youtube http://youtube.com/user/Ubisoft

Last edited by killercow; 09-30-2014 at 01:26 PM.
09-30-2014, 03:37 AM
It's free to play.

09-30-2014, 03:38 AM
Ahh okay I'm down. Had me at RPG. Though knowing Ubisoft, this is one of those "online-only" social / solo adventure games isn't it? ... I hope not.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
09-30-2014, 03:45 AM
09-30-2014, 04:12 AM
After downloading the additional 400 mb data at launch I'm enjoying this, big open world assasins creed game, you can climb all the rooftops so that's cool.
09-30-2014, 04:13 AM
Downloaded. Atm it is downloading additional ~415MB.
As far as I could see, it's the first free roam AC game on iOS including day/night cycles and weather effects as well as wearable equipment of different tiers and different RPG like character classes. It's made with the latest available Unity engine which hopefully promises smooth framerates.
I hope it's good. Download just finished right now so let's see how it is.

Edit: it's indeed another social hub game which needs to be constantly connected to the internet. Graphics are looking good but nothing breathtaking. Controls are kinda sluggish imo. NPC's doesnt react to anything except running away if you kill someone in front of them. All kinds of IAP included.

Last edited by Nekku; 09-30-2014 at 04:37 AM.
09-30-2014, 04:34 AM
After playing for a while, it's a good idea but unfortunately falls flat. The controls are very clunky and often unintuitive. Combat and stealth kills are extremely basic and don't differ much in terms of strategy. Also it requires you to be online at all times. It's a cool idea but unfortunately it doesn't play out as well.

Also the game doesn't play that smooth at all, often feeling rigid and the running feeling stiff. It even feels like it doesn't run that well on the iphone6 either.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
09-30-2014, 04:40 AM
Ye, someone would expect that a game made with Unity will run smooth but that isnt the case here. Many hiccups and framedrops on my Mini Retina. And there isnt even much going on. While there are many NPC's roaming around it still feels lifeless and boring. Oh well, I guess it wont stay for long on my device.
Agree on the other points you've made.

Last edited by Nekku; 09-30-2014 at 04:42 AM.
09-30-2014, 04:46 AM
I'm guessing this is Soft launch? If so then i'l hold my judgement til its out world wide

Not a fan of always online connection in games but wont stop me from playing games since im always online.
09-30-2014, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekku View Post
Downloaded. Atm it is downloading additional ~415MB.
As far as I could see, it's the first free roam AC game on iOS including day/night cycles and weather effects as well as wearable equipment of different tiers and different RPG like character classes. It's made with the latest available Unity engine which hopefully promises smooth framerates.
I hope it's good. Download just finished right now so let's see how it is.

Edit: it's indeed another social hub game which needs to be constantly connected to the internet. Graphics are looking good but nothing breathtaking. Controls are kinda sluggish imo. NPC's doesnt react to anything except running away if you kill someone in front of them. All kinds of IAP included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
After playing for a while, it's a good idea but unfortunately falls flat. The controls are very clunky and often unintuitive. Combat and stealth kills are extremely basic and don't differ much in terms of strategy. Also it requires you to be online at all times. It's a cool idea but unfortunately it doesn't play out as well.

Also the game doesn't play that smooth at all, often feeling rigid and the running feeling stiff. It even feels like it doesn't run that well on the iphone6 either.

Thanks for the imps guys. At least i wont have to pull up the NZ account, nor should i look forward to something that would just end up disappointing.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword