★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Anyone tried Jelly Blocks?

12-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Anyone tried Jelly Blocks?

It looks like it could be an interesting game — in terms of its gameplay, that is ... The UI really could do with some serious tidying up though.
Anyone tried this? Does the good gameplay outweigh the bad UI?

(The gameplay would appear to be similar to Ivory Tiles, which has a much better UI, of course...)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300104038&mt=8

Quote:
Jelly Blocks is a simple yet absorbing puzzle game that is fun for all ages. Move jellies until you get the same colored jellies stuck together. All jellies are controlled simultaneously.
There are 96 mind bending levels that vary in difficulty.

Youtube link | Pop Up

UPDATE: There is a lite version with 12 levels which I just downloaded and completed in about 2 minutes. Hmmm...
Can anyone with the full version let us know if the levels get any more difficult?

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 12-17-2008 at 10:39 AM.
12-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey, I remember playing this online. Wasn't much fun to me then, though. With touch controls however, hmmmm.
12-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Hey, I remember playing this online. Wasn't much fun to me then, though. With touch controls however, hmmmm.
Well, that's just it - they're not touch-controls, per-se... A game like this would be ideal for "proper" on-screen touch controls, but the developer has instead decided to implement a virtual 4-way click-and-press button set-up...

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox