★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mobile Pie Ltd
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A prettier and more interesting version of Hangman. - Pocket Gamer

Oh, My Word! is a brain-box bendingly simple yet highly-addictive word puzzle game from Mobile Pie. Close in on a hidden five-letter word by finding out if the word you guess is before or after it in the dictionary. Itll make you scratch your head and whoop with joy as you search and find illusive words, chasing down your top score.

Oh, My Word! is the perfect game for on your own on the bus or train or with your friends huddled around and guessing with you.

If youre a bookworm who enjoys board games, such as Scrabble or Boggle, or youre in need of some brain training then get geared up and dash along to install Oh, My Word! now!

Future updates to include:

Extra game modes including Time Attack
Revamped scoring system with global leaderboards
Facebook and Twitter integration
Bigger word list
SFX
Minor bug fixes

Also available as a free advert-funded version.

eggzbacon's comments:
Free Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=328989602&mt=8

09-03-2009, 10:58 PM
too many games coming at once

09-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Oh, My Word! Out Now (FREE or $0.99 / 59p)

That's right, the long wait for our second iPhone and iPod touch release is now over as Oh, My Word! shoots its way on to the App Store!

You can get hold of it for the amazing cut-throat introductory price of 59p / 99c or as a completely free (yes, absolutely sweet FA) ad-funded version.

So, clicky-click the below links and get your brain gears moving:

Oh, My Word! for iPhone and iPod touch

Oh, My Word! Free for iPhone and iPod touch

Also check our Twitter feed for our accidental OMY profanity game

We look forward to hearing you thoughts and suggestions for updates!

Creative Director @ Mobile Pie. Visit our website. Follow me on Twitter. Friend me on Plus+ willmp.

Last edited by Will_Mobile_Pie; 09-04-2009 at 09:44 AM.
09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Get it downloaded, it's awesome! Although, I would say that as I'm the dev

I have actually been playing it with friends this morning and just had a quick look at our position on the app store - not too bad at the moment.

Would love to hear what people think and their ideas for updates!

Creative Director @ Mobile Pie. Visit our website. Follow me on Twitter. Friend me on Plus+ willmp.
09-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Version 1.1 Due Soon

We're due to release v1.1 of Oh, My Word! in the next few days. This will include:
  • A bigger word list
  • SFX
  • Minor bug fixes

In the future we'll also be adding global leaderboards, a revamped scoring system, new game modes, including Time Attack, and Facebook and Twitter integration

Check out the YouTube vid here.

09-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Love my word games; there definitely needs to be a few more great ones out there!
Will check this out and get back to you with my feedback once I've had a play.
09-08-2009, 05:30 AM
anyone toftt?
09-08-2009, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmsmth View Post
anyone toftt?
You can grab the free version here.

Update will be submitted by the end of the day

09-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_Mobile_Pie View Post
You can grab the free version here.

Update will be submitted by the end of the day
oh thx
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Have tried the lite version and must say this is an interesting take on word games. Quite polished and from what the developers have said on a video on pocketgamer, a larger wordlist is included in the next update. Makes this game even more exciting to play.