★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Poptacular Ltd
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 54.5 MB
  • Version: 1.42
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Spellix Free - Mind boggle your word brain

Word game lovers unite!
Make words not war!
The free word game for everyone

A super spelling adventure game. Crush letters and spell your way to the top!

Spell words to complete levels in a free super spelling adventure for word game lovers. Each level has unique word puzzles and textual test challenges. Break the glass, beat the timer, sink the love hearts and more.

Swipe letters to make words. Make words from the letters in any direction - up, down, left, right, backwards, or diagonal. If you love making words you'll fall in love with Spellix

Test your vocabulary and lexicon, and watch them improve while playing Compare scores with friends and global leaderboards. The word game everyone is talking about!

Do you have a word brain?

chandler55's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Got a code earlier it's a really fun puzzle game! Well done

09-30-2014, 10:21 PM
thanks JCman7!

here is the thread for promo codes http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=244011

looks like theres still quite a few left. will probably add more later
09-30-2014, 10:28 PM
I like how you combined the elements from match three games like the glass and boxes with a word game. Really neat!
10-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Awesome puzzle game.
10-01-2014, 10:42 AM
thanks for the kind words stormypop,

here's a few more codes for people

http://codehookup.com/c41d804b
10-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Enjoying this so far, but have a few suggestions, if that's OK:

I noticed some words you draw out don't take the first time. Not sure if that's a touch isssue.

I think it'd be nice to see an 'undo' key?

Definitions are odd sometimes: for example "sue" defined it as the biographical name. Also, I noticed I was allowed to use proper (capitalized) names like "Greeks" which is fine, just that in word games, it's uncommon.

I think the scoring gets me the most, though. For example, on the first couple of falling heart levels, i finished in maybe three or four moves (quite accidentally) but didn't score enough for three stars (over 1,000). I had to go back and play the levels a few times and pretty much force myself to make long-ish words just to get three stars. That may be intentional, I just thought it was a little unbalanced.

Apart from these minor niggles, this is a fun take on word games!
10-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Also worth noting: the option to choose to submit words by tapping isn't 'sticky.' When I reopen the app, the options isn't maintained from previous session.

To clarify on the 'undo' thing, I think that's probably not such a good idea. However, plenty of word games with similar dynamics allow you to at least cancel what you've spelled out before you submit it, just in case you change your mind.

Last edited by fiskadoro; 10-03-2014 at 12:25 PM.
10-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks to LordGek for recommending this to me. I am really enjoying it. It is a simple enough word game that is nicely presented with a good assortment of word challenges. The Game Center support is very good too.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
12-28-2014, 12:33 AM
Gah!

This update RUINED THE GAME!

Not just turning it into freemium crap, but now all the levels are near identical and boring as all heck.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews