★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rotorumpus......anybody try it?

12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Rotorumpus......anybody try it?

The game looks interesting, there is a video up on the developers page.

In an odd way, it sort of looks like a puzzle version of Rez.

Anybody try it yet?

Here's the link.....

http://uglyapps.com/rotorumpus/
12-17-2008, 10:30 AM
It looks interesting. It's just like the hacking minigame in Bionic Commando: Rearmed but expanded into a full game.

I'll definitely get it but I don't know when. I have sim city and 7 cities today, rolando comes out tomorrow =/

12-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
It looks interesting. It's just like the hacking minigame in Bionic Commando: Rearmed but expanded into a full game.

I'll definitely get it but I don't know when. I have sim city and 7 cities today, rolando comes out tomorrow =/
Haha, I thought exactly the same thing when I first saw it!

The video looked interesting.
Heres the link btw: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=299798189&mt=8
12-17-2008, 11:04 AM
As a first app from a new dev, the idea seems really cool. But the graphics are a little too empty and bland for my taste. Plus, the icon is one of the ugliest I've seen (Hey, these things matter to me!) Of course, the dev is called "Ugly Apps"!

I'm gonna wait and see what the first update brings. I have a feeling that, as they're new, they will be making some good additions.
12-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosui View Post
As a first app from a new dev, the idea seems really cool. But the graphics are a little too empty and bland for my taste. Plus, the icon is one of the ugliest I've seen (Hey, these things matter to me!) Of course, the dev is called "Ugly Apps"!

I'm gonna wait and see what the first update brings. I have a feeling that, as they're new, they will be making some good additions.
Hi, I am the programmer of Rotorumpus and thanks to all for the positive comments. Re: the icon, that's the result of a slight mistake on my part. The icon should have a solid black background. The version I uploaded to Apple has a transparent background. By coincidence, it seems that the relevant part of the Apple website displays icons with a transparent background on top of a black layer, so I did not notice my error. A new version has been submitted. Do a quick search for Rotorumpus on the application store on your handset to see it rendered correctly (since that one's taken from the application itself, not the other information supplied when submitting the application.

So, anyway, hopefully it'll stop being so ugly soon.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments; we do intend to improve the product based on our own ideas and any constructive feedback we receive. We've set ourselves up with a feedback forum here and will evaluate any criticism given in iTunes reviews.

Perhaps surprisingly, I've not played or seen Bionic Commando: Rearmed...
12-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
makes me nauseous looking at it

i love games like that ^_^

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Love the trailer on the site, cool music. Adding it to my list of apps to get.
12-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
Love the trailer on the site, cool music. Adding it to my list of apps to get.
The music is by a musician called Destroy0r with whom we have a non-exclusive agreement. If you're into that sort of thing, you can check out more of his work at his myspace page.
12-17-2008, 11:34 PM
game looks pretty sweet

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!
12-17-2008, 11:39 PM
So far it has a worldwide average of 4 stars but I'm waiting for more reviews.