★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How much money we make - hot ninja babes - business models - downloads - Sept update

10-01-2014, 02:41 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
How much money we make - hot ninja babes - business models - downloads - Sept update

Hey all. So I finally go around to making a new video update talking about what's been going on with me and the dev team this past few months. It includes some points on revenue, recent downloads, some successes, and also about how im doing less and less coding now due to more management and publishing responsibilities. I hope you find it useful

Enjoy and happy developing

Here's the youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPj...fkZ4NsPb-bwCeg
10-01-2014, 03:27 PM
#2
Cool insight keep up the good work man

10-02-2014, 01:57 AM
#3
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadecitizen View Post
Cool insight keep up the good work man
Thanks Renegadecitizen
When I do another video I'll add it to this thread. I hope I can get more done soon.

Keep in touch
Martin
01-31-2015, 12:17 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
Hey all.
So on the way home yesterday I decided to do a couple of videos and talk about a couple of things I'd wanted to discuss this past couple of weeks... couple. I'll try to use that word more in the next sentence

Namely talking about the problem we had with SLAYZ recently and google saying it infringes another parties IP rights. And the 2nd video talks about the general business topic of growing wealthy as an entrepreneur and going for specialization or diversification.

It'll be great what you all think about these things and if you've had the same situation with the IP infringement claim.

Happy Developing
Martin

Google Play Vs Apple app store - IP infringement claim and process
http://youtu.be/82hx9BOWR1U


Diversification Vs Specialization - Becoming rich as an entrepreneur, what is the formula?
http://youtu.be/BjxJT3xATQM
01-31-2015, 04:49 PM
#5
Thanks for the video, I found it pretty useful!
01-31-2015, 09:50 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccyfin View Post
Namely talking about the problem we had with SLAYZ recently and google saying it infringes another parties IP rights.
For reference, this is a shot from SLAYZ:



fyi Martin, your game prominently uses the character Mai Shiranui from SNK's long running King of Fighters series.

If your developer is scratching his head and saying "Maaaybe there was a problem with one of the characters", then I think someone is being coy.

Perhaps this is a risk inherent in outsourcing development to third parties, esp if the outsourcer is not connected with gaming enough to be able to recognise what is, in all fairness, a pretty blatant case of IP infringement.

Last edited by Shaun C; 01-31-2015 at 11:55 PM. Reason: updated image url
01-31-2015, 10:14 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun C View Post
For reference, this is a shot from SLAYZ:



fyi Martin, your game prominently uses the character Mai Shiranui from SNK's long running King of Fighters series.

If your developer is scratching his head and saying "Maaaybe there was a problem with one of the characters", then I think someone is being coy.

Perhaps this is a risk inherent in outsourcing development to third parties, esp if the outsourcer is not connected with gaming enough to be able to recognise what is, in all fairness, a pretty blatant case of IP infringement.

Indeed quickly googling that character name it is obvious your dev has intentionally infringed on IP(I expect it is may even of been one of the games original images). I would check all the characters in the game and remove the game from sale. It is a pretty poor move to keep the game up with infringing IP on it.

I would also demand my money back from that dev and never work with them again.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited by Destined; 01-31-2015 at 10:16 PM.
02-01-2015, 06:12 AM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
I would check all the characters in the game and remove the game from sale. It is a pretty poor move to keep the game up with infringing IP on it.
Just to clarify, in the vid Martin mentions that google removed the game and he's not going to resubmit it. It was just that he would have preferred it if google had addressed his request for info on which element of his app was infringing copyright so he could have addressed the particular issue.

Would be a good idea to remove the infringing character from the iOS version though. On the US app store there's even a review from someone commenting on the fact that it's using Mai Shiranui.
02-01-2015, 03:15 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun C View Post
Just to clarify, in the vid Martin mentions that google removed the game and he's not going to resubmit it. It was just that he would have preferred it if google had addressed his request for info on which element of his app was infringing copyright so he could have addressed the particular issue.

Would be a good idea to remove the infringing character from the iOS version though. On the US app store there's even a review from someone commenting on the fact that it's using Mai Shiranui.
It is also plastered all over this website.

I did find it strange google didn't say why. In cases you are in the right it doesn't give you much room to defend yourself.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
02-01-2015, 03:46 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,005
I still hate the idea of spamming the app store with as many games as fast as you can. IMO this is whats wrong with the app store and the reason good games that people actually spend time on go unnoticed because its clogged with spam crap.

I guess cool you are making money but its too bad it has to be this way.

There is however a bit good information in there I just dont agree with the base strategy.

Last edited by Touchmint; 02-01-2015 at 04:00 PM.