★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Stoic
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 1680.7 MB
  • Version: 1.04
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Embark on your own epic journey in Banner Saga, the critically acclaimed tactical RPG where your strategic choices directly affect your personal story and the world around you.

Leave your home and strike out on a desperate journey to save your people. Lead your caravan across stunning environments and into war with enemy clans and vicious Drudge soldiers. Build relationships and make choices that will shape the future of your clan as you scramble to survive in this beautiful, bleak world.

Banner Saga Features:

- A unique fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology explore a grim world shaped by the legends of the Vikings. Uncover ancient lore and battle tooth and nail to carve out a new bastion in a world abandoned by the gods.

- Beautiful 2D rotoscope animation - immerse yourself in beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory.

- Real choices with real consequences every decision you make on the trail, in conversation and during combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your unique story unfolds.

- Over 25 playable characters with unique personalities form relationships in and out of combat with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.

- Strategic combat with permanent repercussions choose your warriors, form your strategy and strike. Adapt to a dynamic battlefield where your tactics determine who lives and who dies. Victory, defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on the choices you make.

- Winner of the Geekie Award for best Indie Video Game, 2014, Independent Games Festival Finalist for Excellence in Visual Art and Honorable mentions for Design and Audio.

Only your choices can guide your caravan through the harsh winter, past mystical enemies and brutal Viking clans. When the trail is uncertain, can you take the lead?

Download Banner Saga and begin your journey today.

NOTE: Banner Saga does NOT run on iPhone 4. iPhone 4S and more modern devices recommended.
10-01-2014, 11:48 PM
As if today couldn't get any better, this beaut comes along...too much spending!

10-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Wait. Huh? Is this seriously dropping tonight? I just might explode.
10-01-2014, 11:52 PM
man... I'm broken

Game Center ID: copaeci
10-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Holy crap it's totally real! This is a total surprise. Almost a 2gb download!
10-01-2014, 11:56 PM
omg I've been waiting for this! I do hope it's not an online game. It has ridiculously good ratings on Steam.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
10-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Holy crap when will this day end?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Btw, this game has some of the best animations for battle I have EVER seen. I've never played it before though so if someone has played it, please enlighten us with a gameplay review

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
10-02-2014, 12:12 AM
1.6GB download...goddamn, I won't be able to download it

But HELL YEAH!!! So much excitement for this...King always delivers amazing games
10-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
But HELL YEAH!!! So much excitement for this...King always delivers amazing games
Lol! Almost too subtle for me haha.

Definitely double dipping on this one, any excuse to start playing again!