★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Pluxon, Inc.
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 209.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Jump on your favorite broomstick and hold on to your wonderstick as you race and battle reckless wizards who will do anything to stop you from winning.

Equip your character with new broomsticks, wondersticks, staffs, magic skills and etc. You may also need potions to survive in the massacre mode.

Wizzard Race is at its core a racing game with a fantasy feel. The game offers three completely different modes: Massacre, Timestamp and Circuit, which are respectively a racing battle, a time trial, and a wizard runner (rider).

Game Features:
- 6 unique characters
- 3 different modes
- 3 tracks
- over 20 offensive and defensive magic skills
- 11 broomsticks
- 9 wondersticks
- 3 staffs

It came from old times, no one now knew from where, but it was said that every 10.000 years something truly magical occurred, the air itself was magical that day just like back in the Age of Ascension. And The Best Wizard of All would find out the truth of the magical event. Legends had it that on that day wizards could become stronger and more powerful than ever, even able to control the raw uncontrolled dark neth! But only the Best of the Best could do it. After numerous arguments, duels, unnecessary deaths and quests for revenge, a race was invented. A race to prove who was the strongest, wisest, most powerful Wizard of Certamen.

Pluxon's comments:
My dear friends at Toucharcade,

Wizzard Race just hit the App Store! After 13 months of hard work we are ready to share it with ya'll.

If you are interested in wizards, magic, racing battles, endless runners try out the game.

We know it is nor perfect yet but we are constantly working on it and hopefully you will like the first version of Wizzard Race

Follow the link to download the game and please rate it
10-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Very few things (if anything) are perfect, don't be so hard on yourselves. It's in a better state than a lot of v1.0 apps you find these days. That said, there are a few small suggestions I have. Bit busy at the moment so I'll have to come back later on today and make a more detailed post.

Congrats on the release, by the way. =)

10-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Pluxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen View Post
Very few things (if anything) are perfect, don't be so hard on yourselves. It's in a better state than a lot of v1.0 apps you find these days. That said, there are a few small suggestions I have. Bit busy at the moment so I'll have to come back later on today and make a more detailed post.

Congrats on the release, by the way. =)
Thanks Spleen, your words motivate us.

We will be waiting for your suggestions

Please don't forget to leave a review in the App Store
10-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Hey again, back with those suggestions!

So the core gameplay is fine and that is definitely the most important part, great job on that.

The first thing I noticed was how rigidly the camera follows the player, imagine a steel beam bolted to the broom with a camera at the end, that's essentially what you have now - you're always directly behind. It sort of messes with the sense of movement, at least I feel. What most other racers seems to do is have a camera that sort of lags behind the character, this time instead of a steel beam imagine a rope tied to the centre of the broom - as the character turns rather than being forced to swing out behind the character it instead follows a smooth path and you get a slightly side on view of the character as they make the turn. This would also much better show off the character models, at the moment you only ever see the bottoms of their feet.

Related to the camera again, it'd be nice if there was more of an animation or shake when you hit an obstacle or are hit by a projectile rather than everything just coming to a jarring stop. This actually also happens when you cross the finish line, rather than a 'roll' out to a gradual stop you just go from full speed to 0. It doesn't effect the gameplay in any way, just feels weird.

I played my first couple of races on mute as I couldn't find my headphones, perhaps there was an audio indication I missed but perhaps a quick text message along with the mini tutorials at the start of the first races would help, "Swipe up to jump" "Swipe down to duck" "Press for boost" etc. It's easy enough to work out, but couldn't hurt?

The tunnel sections feel like they drag on a bit. rather than make them shorter perhaps filling them with more obstacles would help. Some mushrooms growing inside the tree trunk? Perhaps the smoking vents along the stone tunnel could slow you down? If they do already I don't notice it. Also the reset-to-level animation when coming out of the tunnels if you're on the ceiling is very sudden, maybe that could either start sooner to make it smoother or you could leave it up to the player, having them crash if they haven't righted themselves in time?

Can't find anything to fault on the 'endless' runner other than it being very hard, that's likely a skill issue on my end though.

I've been playing on an iPad 2 thus far, and it runs perfectly. At some point I'll download it on my 6 Plus and try on that, and will be sure to leave a review after I play next.

Last edited by spleen; 10-03-2014 at 12:45 PM.
10-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Hey again, back with those suggestions!

So the core gameplay is fine and that is definitely the most important part, great job on that.

The first thing I noticed was how rigidly the camera follows the player, imagine a steel beam bolted to the broom with a camera at the end, that's essentially what you have now - you're always directly behind. It sort of messes with the sense of movement, at least I feel. What most other racers seems to do is have a camera that sort of lags behind the character, this time instead of a steel beam imagine a rope tied to the centre of the broom - as the character turns rather than being forced to swing out behind the character it instead follows a smooth path and you get a slightly side on view of the character as they make the turn. This would also much better show off the character models, at the moment you only ever see the bottoms of their feet.

Related to the camera again, it'd be nice if there was more of an animation or shake when you hit an obstacle or are hit by a projectile rather than everything just coming to a jarring stop. This actually also happens when you cross the finish line, rather than a 'roll' out to a gradual stop you just go from full speed to 0. It doesn't effect the gameplay in any way, just feels weird.

I played my first couple of races on mute as I couldn't find my headphones, perhaps there was an audio indication I missed but perhaps a quick text message along with the mini tutorials at the start of the first races would help, "Swipe up to jump" "Swipe down to duck" "Press for boost" etc. It's easy enough to work out, but couldn't hurt?

The tunnel sections feel like they drag on a bit. rather than make them shorter perhaps filling them with more obstacles would help. Some mushrooms growing inside the tree trunk? Perhaps the smoking vents along the stone tunnel could slow you down? If they do already I don't notice it. Also the reset-to-level animation when coming out of the tunnels if you're on the ceiling is very sudden, maybe that could either start sooner to make it smoother or you could leave it up to the player, having them crash if they haven't righted themselves in time?

Can't find anything to fault on the 'endless' runner other than it being very hard, that's likely a skill issue on my end though.

I've been playing on an iPad 2 thus far, and it runs perfectly. At some point I'll download it on my 6 Plus and try on that, and will be sure to leave a review after I play next.
Thanks Spleen,

I honestly appreciate your feedback, I will keep you updated when we gave updates.

Overall what would be your grade on the game?

Mher
10-04-2014, 10:06 AM
As it stands a solid 4 out of 5 - that's what I left it in the Australian app store...at least I tried to, the review doesn't seem to be showing up yet. The above suggestions are me being as nit-picky as I can possibly be, I think you've all done a great job and am enjoying it much more than I expected to.

Edit: there it is~

Quote:
Customer Reviews
The best broom racing on iOS? ****

by Spleenmuffin
Fun racer with multiple modes. Character upgrades in the form of wands, brooms and offensive spells keep things interesting even once you've got all the tracks down. Best of it, it's free! You'd be doing yourself a disservice by not at least giving it a go.

Last edited by spleen; 10-04-2014 at 04:36 PM.
10-05-2014, 03:39 AM
Quote:
As it stands a solid 4 out of 5 - that's what I left it in the Australian app store...at least I tried to, the review doesn't seem to be showing up yet. The above suggestions are me being as nit-picky as I can possibly be, I think you've all done a great job and am enjoying it much more than I expected to.

Edit: there it is~
oh wow, I truly appreciate it.

Soon I will give you an update on version 1.0.1
11-10-2014, 12:20 PM
gameplay trailer

My dear friends I want to share with you our gameplay trailer. If you don't have the game yet on your device maybe this will help you to make the decision

gameplay trailer