★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Moskila 1.0 released!

09-04-2009, 03:05 AM
Moskila 1.0 released!

Hi Guys!

I'm the developer of Moskila, which has just been released in the App Store.

Youtube link | Pop Up

This version is ULTRA MODE.

You are the Dracula (or Vampire) hungry for blood. You need a bloodsucking to survive but this era does not allow you to steal blood from beautiful young lady any more. Turn yourself to new face for blood. Be a nimble mosquito and get to her in secret. No plenty time. Your life will be threatened by flyflap and repellent when they sense you are coming. Better avoid annoying insects hanging around you.

Drink! Feel the power of red blood! You will rule the bloody World that you've been dreaming.

Moskila is a game that you fly by heading off the collision in air and land the right spot to get blood as much as you can.

As iPod slants, Mosquito has a free flying. Touch the spot where blood is and then you land and start to suck the blood.

The game will end when you get the target amount of blood in given time.
If you slip in landing, flyflap hits you in blink of an eye. The game will also end when you used all HP.

When you clear the 1st round, you can purchase defensive items at the shop. The Items are Helmet for collision with other insects, gas mask for repellent and armor for flyflap. You don't need to activate those defensive items since it be activated automatically when having attack.

Each item can be used in 3 times.

The indication of bloodsucking is divided into 3 types such as large, medium and small.

The smaller, more blood.

If you touch the screen any time during sucking, you can fly up to air immediately. If you succeed in bloodsucking many times, you will get warning by human face coming up. Be careful with repellent spay attack unless you keep away from it.

As stage up, more obstacles.

You can select the difficulty at the beginning. We recommend easy mode for beginner and ultra mode for expert.

You can save 3 different games that you've been playing.

Give one save for your friend with your charity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2009.08.21 16.44.18.png
Views:	0
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	7264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2009.08.21 16.43.47.png
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	7265   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_0.jpg
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	7266  

Name:	shot_1.jpg
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	7267   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	7268   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	7269  

Name:	shot_4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	7270  
09-04-2009, 03:05 AM
reminds me of that one japanese game where your a mosquito biting people.... same concept, and hopefully same gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestOne7
shut up, ho
Like my Reviews, check them out at: PocketFullofApps
Latest Review: HYBRID: Eternal Whisper

09-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Wow, talk about getting lost amidst a sea of other games!

I'm horrible at writing reviews and even moreso when typing anything of length on the iPhone, but let me just say this game deserves some attention!

Controls are accelermoter based and precise. You are given certain areas on the victims body in which to land that show up as red patches. The smaller the patch, the more blood collected, but the harder it is to land on the victim withought them detecting you. If you are detected you will be swatted. What gives the game real character is a slight rpg like element of purchasing upgrades that will protect you along the way. Upgrades are purchased between levels and cost blood. This brings a form of strategy to game as you start the next level with the amount of blood collected from the previous level. In otherwords, spend too much on armour and you'll have to collect even more blood to advance to the next.

As levels progress the patches dissapear quicker and get smaller. This makes accuracy a key element to beating the later stages. You are timed during all of this. Get swatted too many times and not only do you lose HP, but are also paralyzed for a few seconds while the timer is still counting down.
Also as levels get harder, new bugs appear and you need to avoid them as well as attempt to land accuratly on patches as the wind from a well placed fan alters your flight path.

I'm really enjoying it. It's easy to get the hang of, but also really challenging. Some of the later levels get a bit hectic. Maybe the artwork is turning some of you off? That is what sold me on it, actually. Don't let that fool you. This is a lot more polished than it appears on the surface. He'll, if you can excuse Enviro Bear, than this shouldn't be any different. I think you'll actually warm up to it after a few minutes. Love the music, too!

There's also local and global LBs.

I bought 3 crappy apps this week and wasn't gonna try a game that got a single reply in it's thread either, but I'm glad I did.

Last edited by KSC; 09-04-2009 at 05:22 PM.
09-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm totally shocked that not even one other person tried this out?! I know this, as I'm the only name currently on the leaderboards!

I'm not sure why im picking up the mantle here, but I really feel this game is unique. Is there something similar and Im just unaware? I played for like two hours straight last night. I'm on level 15 and it's still going strong and getting super challenging. And that's on easy mode!

Is it the art that's turning everyone off? To me it has a sorta charmingly rugged Mike Judge feel to it. Again, I hope that's not the cause of this games downfall. The gameplay is here people and that's still the most important part, right?

It even has an option to turn on high pitched sounds to keep real mosquitos away while playing. I dunno if it actually works, but it gave me a chuckle.

Last edited by KSC; 09-05-2009 at 08:29 AM.
09-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
I'm totally shocked that not even one other person tried this out?! I know this, as I'm the only name currently on the leaderboards!

I'm not sure why im picking up the mantle here, but I really feel this game is unique. Is there something similar and Im just unaware? I played for like two hours straight last night. I'm on level 15 and it's still going strong and getting super challenging. And that's on easy mode!

Is it the art that's turning everyone off? To me it has a sorta charmingly rugged Mike Judge feel to it. Again, I hope that's not the cause of this games downfall. The gameplay is here people and that's still the most important part, right?

It even has an option to turn on high pitched sounds to keep real mosquitos away while playing. I dunno if it actually works, but it gave me a chuckle.
I'm obsessed with randomness, myself.

Is there random enemy placement on a given level or is, say, the spider, always dropping down in the same spot on level 3?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I'm obsessed with randomness, myself.

Is there random enemy placement on a given level or is, say, the spider, always dropping down in the same spot on level 3?
Your quest for randomness will be filled again. As a matter of fact I may need to chat with you quite a bit privately on randomness and design. Great things are afoot!

On the subject of Moskila, the video makes it more charming than the photos do, as I am not a fan of the scribbly art style either. Too bad iTunes does not allow an embedded YouTube video for each app! I've spent $20 on games in the last couple of days, but maybe I'll pick this up anyway

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
09-05-2009, 09:44 AM
meant to buy this earlier not sure what happened. I actually love the scribbly art style...makes me smile. Buying it right now, not sure how i forgot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyraider4 View Post
If only birth control was more accessible...
TTR3 - Maelickai ` Plus+ - Maelick ` OpenFeint - Maelick ` Agon - Maelick -=ADD ME!=-
Me likey - Prairie Chute, Taptap Revenge 3, Cocoto Kart Racing, Xenonia (still), Hybrid - Eternal Whisper, Dungeon Hunter, SkeeBall