★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Orc not working?

10-07-2014, 09:54 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 371
Orc not working?

so i tried to play Orc by Chillingo and when I load the game, it crashes right to desktop ( on my ipad mini retina running OS8). So, I tried to load it on my iphone 4S running OS7 and same thing happens!! When I search the app store for the game I cant even find it!! Anyone have info on this game?
10-07-2014, 10:04 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
It seems it's been removed off the appstore. You should still be able to download it from your purchase history

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

10-07-2014, 10:04 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral75 View Post
so i tried to play Orc by Chillingo and when I load the game, it crashes right to desktop ( on my ipad mini retina running OS8). So, I tried to load it on my iphone 4S running OS7 and same thing happens!! When I search the app store for the game I cant even find it!! Anyone have info on this game?
Check out the game in the iPhone and iPad Games section for the thread. I'd noticed it gone a couple days ago and posted it and a few are posting how it no longer runs on iOS8. If it gets updated the info will be there.

Last edited by Coldar; 10-07-2014 at 10:06 PM.
10-07-2014, 10:09 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It seems it's been removed off the appstore. You should still be able to download it from your purchase history
Thank you both for the replys. I dont need to download it i have it installed on 2 devices. SUCKS its no longer playable it was one of my favorite. Anything similar you guys have ran across?
10-07-2014, 10:59 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
I wouldnt call it permanently removed yet. Some devs pull their games because of critical bugs, like an iOS8 compatibility for example.

It's possible they pulled it temporarily while they are getting the iOS8 compatibility in the works.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-08-2014, 12:46 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,922
Having a similar issue with Deus Ex: The Fall...
10-21-2014, 07:17 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 371
Ugh im still DYING to get back to my Orc game!! No update, no news, no luck
10-21-2014, 08:26 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral75 View Post
Ugh im still DYING to get back to my Orc game!! No update, no news, no luck
What have the devs said when you've emailed them?
11-09-2014, 05:13 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 371
I havent been able to email them. The game isnt even listed on the app store anymore. I am SO upset by this!! This was by far one of my favorite games!
11-09-2014, 05:32 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral75 View Post
I havent been able to email them. The game isnt even listed on the app store anymore. I am SO upset by this!! This was by far one of my favorite games!
Why havent you been able to email them ? I spent a couple of seconds just then googling the name of the game, found the devs and also a contact address. Surely you can do that and ask them ?

Last edited by psj3809; 11-09-2014 at 05:48 PM.