★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hollow Point: Battle for Freedom (by Selvas Corporation)

10-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Hollow Point: Battle for Freedom (by Selvas Corporation)

Just in case:

Quote:
NZ Soft Launch info:

The Game is Soft Launching in New Zealand. Size of the app is 39.3 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
A virus out of nowhere…
The Infected, risen like zombies…
Hire mercenaries and save the world together!

A whole new FPS experience
Easy to control, intuitive gameplay for everyone
A high quality mobile FPS game utilizing the latest in Unreal technology
HOLLOW POINT: Battle for Freedom

*Features
1. Easy to control and intuitive high quality FPS
- Amazing graphics brought to life by the Unreal Engine
- Auto-shooting feature for the best mobile gaming experience
- Enemies’ reaction to gunshots create an immersive, realistic combat experience

2. Support multiple game modes

- Campaign missions : help Jessica and lead rebel forces against the tyrannical government
- Recon missions : explore the area to earn extra cash, experience, and more
- Joint Force and Special Missions : team up with other clan members to fight the Infected
- Daily missions and achievements : earn additional rewards and improve your gear

3. Customize your equipment
- Get the best gear from over 40 unique guns and 60 pieces of armor
- Craft new weapons using special parts found in missions
- Upgrade your base to unlock new armor, weapons, and more
- Ensure your survival with grenades, med kits, radar, and other useful items

Join the fight to save the human race now!
iPhone Screenshots:

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 10-07-2014 at 10:37 PM.
10-07-2014, 11:15 PM
This lost me at "...and clans..."

Dunno why, but i really hate games that include social features into gameplay.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

10-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

As much as I always maintain a positive attitude going in, I can't help but agree. I'm an old-fashioned gamer really, I like to be left alone so I can just get my antisocial gaming on. Still, it looks rather gorgeous so I'm about to start it up, can always leave some impressions if you're not totally put off!
10-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
As much as I always maintain a positive attitude going in, I can't help but agree. I'm an old-fashioned gamer really, I like to be left alone so I can just get my antisocial gaming on. Still, it looks rather gorgeous so I'm about to start it up, can always leave some impressions if you're not totally put off!
Yeah, im still open to it. It's just that there's already something negative about it for me. If the general concensus is a go, then i might give it a shot.

That said, im looking forward to your imps Pete. Thanks!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Sigh... agreed. It looks good but where's the gameplay shots? Do you just tap to shoot or something? I guess I'll have to find out.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
10-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Sigh... agreed. It looks good but where's the gameplay shots? Do you just tap to shoot or something? I guess I'll have to find out.
I'm getting there slowly lol. There's one massive download when you start the game - taking nearly ten minutes to complete, hadn't planned for that at all. Probably should have expected it though, 39.3mb was a sure sign that it would expand. Will have imps soon; it's very possible clans don't play a major part at all so don't write it off just yet!
10-08-2014, 12:00 AM
I'm also waiting for it to download! I'm praying this is as good as it looks.

I really want "offline mode" (no social) and a good game. The screenshots make me have hope but I guess whenever this darn thing finishes downloading ... lol.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
10-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Well.. this game plays amazingly well. Lots of items / deep stats. Good graphics and easy to pick up.

And it's online only. Great. Not sure I want to invest my time leveling and doing "clans" on something that only works online. Such a disappointment. Online only is really ruining good games. Not sure how long I want to keep playing at this point. Its already given me a couple connection errors.

10-08-2014, 12:21 AM
Yep, it's a pretty fun Dead Trigger style game. Feels slightly lower budget that DT but that's too be expected really, and I don't mean that as a criticism particularly.

It's not as pretty as the screenshots on my iPad 2, but then that could be the hardware's fault rather than software. It's an FPS with full movement control, travelling from wave to wave in, so far, rather basic surroundings. There's an option for autofire like DT and also manual (thankfully, as it's not perfect). The Unreal Tournament OTT voiceover is actually quite fun, though I imagine some will get annoyed.

It's crashed upon completion of the first level and I lost my progress so I'll have to replay to give proper impressions but I can see a lot of people enjoying this - it's certainly far, far better than the average F2P game that comes out these days. Just, as mentioned, be aware of the always online requirement, the rather long download time and the fact that it expands to 572mb.

Really not too bad, the clan elements were pretty light in the end - it just depends on how much you want another Dead Trigger type game really
10-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Yeah. I'l give it a day or so. I'm about 50/50 on keeping it right now. Want to make a clan and see if it's any good Pete? I'll join you and we can see if works out.

I'm running on the iphone 6 and no crashes so far.

Btw... TIMERS.