★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kabam
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 93.9 MB
  • Version: 2.4.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The freedom of Middle-earth is hanging in the balance. Follow the guidance of Gandalf and play as a Dwarf, Elf, Human, or Hobbit to quest for the One Ring and annihilate the forces of evil in this all-new Role Playing and Character Collection game.

*** The official game for The Lord of the Rings Trilogy ***

Quest through The Lord of the Rings universe and recruit your favorite heroes such as ARAGORN, BOROMIR, LEGOLAS, FRODO, and more to strategically build your fellowships. Each hero has unique abilities and each fellowship combination unleashes powerful skills. You can combat Saurons evil forces in team-based battles or launch your fellowships into player vs. player arenas and face other fellowships around the world. What are you waiting for? Middle-earth is looking for its hero!

-=FEATURES=-

SUMMON LEGENDARY HEROES FROM THE LORD OF THE RINGS UNIVERSE
Recruit over 100 characters from The Lord of Rings Universe with special abilities in your quest to vanquish evil.
Amass the most powerful fellowship in Middle-earth by enhancing and evolving your favorite heroes from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

EXPERIENCE THE WORLD OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY
Explore the 3D world of Eriador with other regions such as Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor coming in later expansion packs.
Control up to three teams of different heroes and wage epic battles against the forces of evil.

THE STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
Form an alliance - create your Alliances unique crest and recruit fellow heroes.
Test the might of your party within your alliance in friendly Scrimmage combat.
Band together and enter Boss raids.

PvP BATTLES IN THE ARENA
Showcase your Fellowship's power in The Arena by competing with thousands of players around the world in live PvP combat events.

**************Important**************
Note: A network connection is required to play
Works with iPhone 3GS+, iPod touch 3rd Generation+ and iPad 2+
Requires iOS 6.0 or newer

By downloading this game, you agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and the License Agreement.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/warnerbros/terms-of-service
https://www.kabam.com/corporate/warnerbros/privacy-policy
https://www.kabam.com/corporate/warnerbros/eula

PeteOzzy's comments:
Quote:
CA Soft Launch info:

The Game is Soft Launching in Canada. Size of the app is 85.4 MB.

Price in CA is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
The freedom of Middle-earth is hanging in the balance. Follow the guidance of Gandalf and play as a Dwarf, Elf, Human, or Hobbit to quest for the One Ring and annihilate the forces of evil in this all-new Role Playing and Character Collection game.

*** The official game for The Lord of the Rings Trilogy ***

Quest through The Lord of the Rings universe and recruit your favorite heroes such as ARAGORN, BOROMIR, LEGOLAS, FRODO, and more to strategically build your fellowships. Each hero has unique abilities and each fellowship combination unleashes powerful skills. You can combat Saurons evil forces in team-based battles or launch your fellowships into player vs. player arenas and face other fellowships around the world. What are you waiting for? Middle-earth is looking for its hero!

-=FEATURES=-

SUMMON LEGENDARY HEROES FROM THE LORD OF THE RINGS UNIVERSE
Recruit over 100 characters from The Lord of Rings Universe with special abilities in your quest to vanquish evil.
Amass the most powerful fellowship in Middle-earth by enhancing and evolving your favorite heroes from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

EXPERIENCE THE WORLD OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY
Explore the 3D world of Eriador with other regions such as Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor coming in later expansion packs.
Control up to three teams of different heroes and wage epic battles against the forces of evil.

ALLY WITH FRIENDS IN EPIC BATTLES
Join an alliance to defeat Bosses alongside your allies
Real time chat allows you to plan strategies with your friends as you battle thousands of other players around the world.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: LEGENDS OF MIDDLE-EARTH software 2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and Kabam, Inc. Developed by Kabam, Inc. 2014 New Line Productions, Inc. 2014 The Saul Zaentz Company (SZC). MIDDLE-EARTH, THE LORD OF THE RINGS and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks of SZC under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

**************Important**************
Note: A network connection is required to play
Works with iPhone 3GS+, iPod touch 3rd Generation+ and iPad 2+
Requires iOS 6.0 or newer

By downloading this game, you agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and the License Agreement.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/warn...rms-of-service
https://www.kabam.com/corporate/warn...privacy-policy
https://www.kabam.com/corporate/warnerbros/eula
iPhone Screenshots:

10-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Someone tried this ? I want some feedback ! Thanks !

10-08-2014, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedPhantom View Post
Someone tried this ? I want some feedback ! Thanks !
It's very much as to be expected. Summon characters, arrange the good ones in your team and use the others as fusion fodder. Each area you explore requires a certain amount of energy, it's all automated; battles involve your fellowship alternating between damaging the enemy and being damaged with little input like in most of these games.

I haven't really played enough to give comments on the extended quality or the addictiveness over time but it's a little flimsy in quality though you can tell a lot of attention has gone into making it feel authentic. I would say it all depends on how much of a fan you are - my first rare summon got me Meriadoc Brandybuck; if you either know who that is or get as excited to have him in your team as I did then I'd say you'll probably enjoy this.

I don't enjoy many F2P games like this but I'm keeping it on my device for more play so that's better than it could be for sure.

Edit: It is a little immersion-breaking that you can have multiple copies of the same character. I know it's a petty complaint but with the sound, visuals and lore actually doing a good job of being authentic, it just feels a little odd have five Frodos with you.

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 10-08-2014 at 04:41 AM.
10-08-2014, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
It's very much as to be expected. Summon characters, arrange the good ones in your team and use the others as fusion fodder. Each area you explore requires a certain amount of energy, it's all automated; battles involve your fellowship alternating between damaging the enemy and being damaged with little input like in most of these games.

I haven't really played enough to give comments on the extended quality or the addictiveness over time but it's a little flimsy in quality though you can tell a lot of attention has gone into making it feel authentic. I would say it all depends on how much of a fan you are - my first rare summon got me Meriadoc Brandybuck; if you either know who that is or get as excited to have him in your team as I did then I'd say you'll probably enjoy this.

I don't enjoy many F2P games like this but I'm keeping it on my device for more play so that's better than it could be for sure.

Edit: It is a little immersion-breaking that you can have multiple copies of the same character. I know it's a petty complaint but with the sound, visuals and lore actually doing a good job of being authentic, it just feels a little odd have five Frodos with you.

Thank you Pete. I'll give this a shot !
10-08-2014, 08:10 AM
So has anyone tried evolving yet? do you need to max a character's level before evolving?

edit: Tried it on two Sets of the same two star toon... yup better to max before evolving

Last edited by aikavari; 10-08-2014 at 08:23 AM.
10-08-2014, 09:29 AM
This game really captures all the epicness of LotR, if LotrR involved clicking a single button 32 times so you could get into a fight that you then skip, followed by clicking the same button again. I've played a lot of freemium titles, and this one is exceptionally lazy. The gameplay is essentially non-existent, and the collecting aspect is curiously flat. Multiplayer didn't seem to work, although perhaps because of a lack of players. Really the only positive thing I can say about this title is that you can 'use' at least 12 characters from your collection, rather than the 3-5 most of these titles allow you.
10-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirenx View Post
This game really captures all the epicness of LotR, if LotrR involved clicking a single button 32 times so you could get into a fight that you then skip, followed by clicking the same button again. I've played a lot of freemium titles, and this one is exceptionally lazy. The gameplay is essentially non-existent, and the collecting aspect is curiously flat. Multiplayer didn't seem to work, although perhaps because of a lack of players. Really the only positive thing I can say about this title is that you can 'use' at least 12 characters from your collection, rather than the 3-5 most of these titles allow you.
I have to agree! Even for a freemium title, this is just awful. What a let down..
10-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Game Impressions

10-08-2014, 03:06 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

10-08-2014, 03:08 PM
@sanuku, just wonder how can you play this game until 1 hour long

i think this is the worst LOTR games I've ever played(no offense to the developer since i really like their marvel release).

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2