★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: World of Warriors is an epic combat and adventure strategy game! Journey across the vast Wildlands and amass an army of history's greatest warriors, from Romans and Vikings to Knights and Samurai. Battle the mighty Skull Army and take on players from around the world in the epic new ARENA mode!

PLEASE NOTE! World of Warriors is completely free to play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.

Fight, Train and Evolve your Army in the epic World of Warriors!

5/5 There is nothing quite like World of Warriors in mobile gaming today

5/5 Beautiful artwork, an immersive and well thought-out game world, accessible gameplay with a real layer of strategic depth and planning... World of Warriors has it all.

5/5 The new Arena mode is awesome! I love fighting fellow fans with my band of warriors.

= FEATURES =

- FREE TO PLAY
- Stunningly beautiful 3D graphics, amazing sound design and AAA production values.
- Amass an awesome army of historically accurate real-life warriors.
- Unleash mind-blowing special attacks upon fearsome opponents.
- Hone your skills and perfect your strategy to outplay and out-think opponents in the ARENA where the toughest players from around the world battle it out.
- Battle through the vast Wildlands to defeat evil King Boneshaker and his Skull Army of minions and bosses.
- Collect materials and craft powerful Talismans to tip the tide of battle in your favor.
- Train and Evolve your warriors to reach the highest heights and unlock the true power of your army.
- Daily and Weekly events to take part in.
- Compete against others for rare and exclusive prizes.

= DEVICE SUPPORT =
This game is compatible with iPhone 4S and above, and iPad 2 and above. However, for the following devices, we recommend that players clear all notifications and re-start their device for the optimal playing experience:
- iPad 2
- iPad Mini
- iPhone 4S
- All iPod Touches

= WE ARE SOCIAL =
Check out the official World of Warriors forums and help us continue to develop the game!
http://forums.worldofwarriors.com/

Our official Facebook page with news, behind the scenes and much more!
https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfWarriors

Follow us on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/WorldofWarriors

Having problems? Any suggestions? We would love to hear from you! Reach us at support at: support@WorldOfWarriors.com.

Terms of Service: http://mindcandy.com/tos/
Privacy Policy: http://mindcandy.com/privacy/

You can connect with friends and family in this game via Facebook and it is designed for a general audience. It is a 'Free to Play' game, but you have the option to spend real money for extra content. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device's settings. May contain advertising.

World of Warriors and all related elements and 2014 Mind Candy Limited. All rights reserved.
10-08-2014, 07:58 AM
I'm guessing this requires internet....

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android

10-08-2014, 09:41 AM
So this game is a bit of a surprise release for me. The production values are top-notch, with some great voice acting throughout many parts of the experience. The gameplay itself is basically pokemon-lite with culturally stereotyped warriors rather than magical beasts. It seems fun enough for a quick, pick up and play for a few minutes mobile title. It does look like you need Facebook to log on and protect your save, however.
10-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Ok so Facebook connecting offers more than a protected save, you get some premium resources and a boost for collecting normal resources. Kind of unbalances the game for those of us that don't have FB or don't want to connect games to our accounts if we do.

Another thing that is starting to bug me is the bizarre nature of this game to identify characters by their cultures. I can't imagine someone going around referring to someone as Irish Doug, African Bill, or Chinese Sam, and I am amazed it was deemed appropriate in this game.
10-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Oh it does look interesting. Does it need internet to play?

Lol i like how it says "historically accurate".

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
10-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirenx View Post
Ok so Facebook connecting offers more than a protected save, you get some premium resources and a boost for collecting normal resources. Kind of unbalances the game for those of us that don't have FB or don't want to connect games to our accounts if we do.

Another thing that is starting to bug me is the bizarre nature of this game to identify characters by their cultures. I can't imagine someone going around referring to someone as Irish Doug, African Bill, or Chinese Sam, and I am amazed it was deemed appropriate in this game.

They don't care about unbalancing it. It's obvious it's one of them freemium money grabs hehheh. However what I wanted to ask was Why would the culture references bug you? If someone called me Italian Mike I could care less. That's not an insult I am Italian!!!! I get bugged by people who make big deals out of nothing. They aren't using racial slurs it's simply being descriptive. I don't understand how that would be insulting unless you were ashamed of who you are. If I got insulted by being called Italian Mike i must have something against Italians, or maybe I wouldn't want people to know because there's something wrong with Italians. If they are referring to someone as Chinese Sam the only one being inappropriate is the guy complaining about it. Obviously he has a problem with the race because he thinks it's an insult to be called that.

Everyone has to lighten up! Start to laugh more! Don't be insulted by their names, laugh at their obvious lack of imagination. . What's next? Anger because there's no African Americans in Mario? Oh! I shouldn't bring up Mario, way way way too many racist things in Mario. (Rofl).
10-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Not a bad game. I love the animations. I do think the app is a bit bloated in size as the graphics are pretty but not detailed or super amazing.

As for the game itself it plays pretty fun (timing based) however the app is heavily hindered by timers. They removed the online requirement which is great but the other bad half is the timers. You barely get any energy to work with. Also there's no number next to the timer so I can't tell how long it takes to regen. However it SEEMS to take a long time. I'm guessing between 5-10 minutes per 1 point. I may be wrong. So I think I may be deleting this. That's way too long. 1 battle early stage is 2 energy. I have 10 energy total. You can barely play before you have to wait a LONG time. Pretty ridiculous. Battles probably take about 2-3 minutes each.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 10-08-2014 at 02:07 PM.
10-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolicMike View Post
However what I wanted to ask was Why would the culture references bug you?
Cultural references or any other individual traits do not bother me, how they are presented do. Much of this comes from being an educator, you quickly learn that you wouldn't refer to a child as the autistic child, or the Indigenous child, or any other such labeling that makes it seem like a certain trait is the key factor in who they are. Rather you learn that simply referring to some as 'the boy with autism' is far more socially sensitive and has been proven through a variety of research to have a much more positive impact on people's self-esteem. You'll note I never claimed to be outraged over how this game presents its stereotypes, I simply think the developers could have handled the presentation much better.
10-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Not a bad game. I love the animations. I do think the app is a bit bloated in size as the graphics are pretty but not detailed or super amazing.

As for the game itself it plays pretty fun (timing based) however the app is heavily hindered by timers. They removed the online requirement which is great but the other bad half is the timers. You barely get any energy to work with. Also there's no number next to the timer so I can't tell how long it takes to regen. However it SEEMS to take a long time. I'm guessing between 5-10 minutes per 1 point. I may be wrong. So I think I may be deleting this. That's way too long. 1 battle early stage is 2 energy. I have 10 energy total. You can barely play before you have to wait a LONG time. Pretty ridiculous. Battles probably take about 2-3 minutes each.
I THINK the timer doesn't even recharge at first. I'm not sure how long the tutorial is, and it seems long, but so far it looks like you have to try a mission without energy and it will automatically refill it. It was a bit counter-intuitive as I simply thought the timer wasn't working and was ready to give up.

That said, I think this game has some fun gameplay and nice presentation. However, this is overshadowed by the fact that the timer is a massive roadblock to play, allowing only a handful of matches before you need to quit. I don't hate timers as a rule, but they need to allow you some amount of gaming before they pull you back. Look at something like Rise of Mythos, in which you can probably play for nearly an hour before you need to exit. In addition, the IAP is really aggressive requiring premium currency for just about everything, by which I mean everything. Add all that to the facebook bonuses and the rating bonus, and it quickly becomes apparent that this game is designed for a quick cash grab and not long-term enjoyment from its players.
10-08-2014, 10:14 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2