★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The theory that game developers use to build a game's level relative to cognitive?

10-08-2014, 10:55 PM
The theory that game developers use to build a game's level relative to cognitive?

My physics teacher asked me to help him with this research that's about the level games and cognitive flow. He has a masters in education and he's working on his PhD and he wants to make students enjoy physics questions and problems the same way they enjoy a game, as when we play a game we don't pay attention on how much time is passing, that's what he want. He wants the theory that game developers work on. The level of the game and cognitive theory. Any help with that? I researched the cognitive flow but I didn't get to what he wants. He wants the level of a game. Thank you very much for your help.

The theory at which the levels of are engaged with respect to cognitive level.
10-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Mmmmm can you repeat the question please? I might need to return to school a little bit - alert, brain overloaded with code doesn't mix well with cognitive physical phd questions thingy. Ejection of brain in 3, 2, 1...
10-21-2014, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pated View Post
Mmmmm can you repeat the question please? I might need to return to school a little bit - alert, brain overloaded with code doesn't mix well with cognitive physical phd questions thingy. Ejection of brain in 3, 2, 1...

Switch off, then on, if still no good then switch off again and hold nose during reboot, release when you hear your ears pop.
10-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanmoukalled View Post
My physics teacher asked me to help him with this research that's about the level games and cognitive flow. He has a masters in education and he's working on his PhD and he wants to make students enjoy physics questions and problems the same way they enjoy a game, as when we play a game we don't pay attention on how much time is passing, that's what he want. He wants the theory that game developers work on. The level of the game and cognitive theory. Any help with that? I researched the cognitive flow but I didn't get to what he wants. He wants the level of a game. Thank you very much for your help.

The theory at which the levels of are engaged with respect to cognitive level.

You might have to simplify and distill the question for all us non-physics folk, it's not entirely clear what you are asking (sounds interesting though!).