★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Str8ts Lite is ready!

09-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Str8ts Lite is ready!

Now everyone can give the concept of Str8ts a whirl. The lite version is a real good way to learn and understand the concept of Str8ts 9 x 9 and Domino Dice. Enjoy.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326598845&mt=8

Jeff Widderich
Syndicated Puzzles
09-04-2009, 01:30 PM

Sudoku lovers, be sure to check this out, it's a good 'un!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

09-04-2009, 01:31 PM
This game is excellent.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
09-04-2009, 01:32 PM
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Recommend the full version

No Sig
09-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Even thought I am a St8ts (9 x 9) player - I love the puzzle - so got this immediately. The 6 x 6 is still challenging, but the first few on the Jack level are easy enough that even Skyye06 can probably get them done

Sorry for picking on you skyye....

Anways - recommended highly as are 1 - 25 and Domino Dice. The game has great support.

Unfortunately at this time I am not seeing Domino Dice NOR Str8ts up in the App store??? What happened Jeff? Another Glitch in the system (which was also a great game BTW)... I hope it gets straightened out soon...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-04-2009, 02:48 PM
DominoDice website still not working for hi scores in the game either. This is a real shame - the game is/was great but the promises of having the highscores on the site were never fulfilled :-(

Jamie.
09-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
DominoDice website still not working for hi scores in the game either. This is a real shame - the game is/was great but the promises of having the highscores on the site were never fulfilled :-(

Jamie.
Jamie - I am going to have to contact you sometime on some tips for getting the really low scores. I am doing OK - middle of the pack, but want to learn some technique...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Badmanj,

We have over-extended ourselves. We received several unexpected Newspaper deals that caused a sift in Andrews spare time. I will try to get him to get the DD board up this weekend. He is usually very precise about what he promises. An update for DD and Str8ts should happen today since both games were down on the itunes store. We are trying our best to deal with the exposure the iPhone has given Str8ts. We are also working on several new apps that are really though to complete since we are trying to invent something new and simplify the interface.

I would love to know what you guys think of Str8ts Lite (Aces) number 1 is easy but the rest of them. Easy to solve? How about mistakes? I am constantly making mistakes on the 6 x 6 version. Still trying to figure it out why?

Badmanj, I will get Dd scores up for you.

Jeff
09-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I tried the lite version out ( Aces ) they are very hard to crack. I think the reason being that the few clues that are given dictate the pathway needed to solve the puzzle. (one pathway only). It would be very interesting if a 6x6 Str8ts could have only 1 number and still have a single solution. i am actually surprised how the 6 x 6 is still very enjoyable, most mini versions fall apart. I guess Str8ts unlike Sudoku( must be 9 x 9 ) is very scalable. 12 x 12 would be really though.

Keep up the good work.
09-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the update - look forward to seeing the highscores; it's a little annoying to see them just the once.

Glad papers are interested in Str8s - it's a great game.

The 6x6 Lite version is nice - particularly since it's free!

Pluto6 - not sure I can offer much help on DD - I almost always only see one way of playing each level to be honest; I've not really stopped to analyse how I'm playing. Just don't waste any moves on the dice at the start!

Jamie.