★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Now with all new unlockable characters and updated game play!

********************************************************************************************************
Kara-Tap is a casual game inspired by some of the famous old-school karate arcade games. The game is very easy to play with its simple controls, and yet very difficult to master.

1. tap the up/down button to kick high or low. Time your kicks to break the boxes and bricks being thrown at you.
2. use the same buttons to duck and jump over the ninja weapons aimed at you.
3. "ki-ai"! Try to hit the color-changing bonus box that flies by at 100 miles per hour. This will get you into fever mode, where you can break everything and anything.

Are you up to the task of becoming a Kara-Tap master?? "KiAi"!!

*********************************************************************************************************

Special Thanks To:
- Mike Koenig
- RoccoW
- Andrew Tyler (www.AndrewTyler.net)
10-10-2014, 07:48 AM
youtube video of the gameplay :)

Last edited by GoldenPixel; 10-13-2014 at 07:24 AM. Reason: video update!

10-11-2014, 09:55 AM
You guys did such a good job with this game.
For all of my high score chasing, simple arcade twitchy game loving, Game Center leaderboard addicts, this one is definitely worth a download.

The retro graphics are nice, and it has a real fun sense of humor. Th controls are perfect. The sounds are nice. The one more try replay value is perfect.

4/5

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 10-11-2014 at 09:57 AM.
10-12-2014, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
You guys did such a good job with this game.
For all of my high score chasing, simple arcade twitchy game loving, Game Center leaderboard addicts, this one is definitely worth a download.

The retro graphics are nice, and it has a real fun sense of humor. Th controls are perfect. The sounds are nice. The one more try replay value is perfect.

4/5
Hi Lazer Kat,

Thank you so much for your kind words You have no idea what this means to us. As a couple of indie developers, this is our first title ever, and you are the very first person to leave us a review in any of the posts we put up on gaming sites. And we are so very thrilled to see such positive review!
I really hope that many more users/players who feel the same way as you can find and enjoy our game

Please look us up once in a while, as our next update and a whole new game is in the works.

Thanks!
10-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Youtube Video Updated!

Check out our new gameplay on youtube!

Last edited by GoldenPixel; 10-13-2014 at 08:53 AM.
10-13-2014, 08:56 AM
youtube was not showing up. All fixed now. :P
10-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi

I just download this and gave it a few tries before posting I love it's art style and music but the controls need an option to move them to the other side of the screen as I'm having a hard time with them on the right must be because I'm left handed! Also I keep catch the banner ad with it being at the bottom close to the control, must be my fat fingers lol.

Still enjoying it and look forward to an update and other games from you
10-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj132 View Post
Hi

I just download this and gave it a few tries before posting I love it's art style and music but the controls need an option to move them to the other side of the screen as I'm having a hard time with them on the right must be because I'm left handed! Also I keep catch the banner ad with it being at the bottom close to the control, must be my fat fingers lol.

Still enjoying it and look forward to an update and other games from you
Hi mj132,

I'm really glad that you're enjoying our game As for adding an option to move the control to either side, I think it's a great idea! I'll make sure I put that in my next update (although it will be a next-next since I put in an update for review already).

Along with your suggestion, we are going to add a number of unlockable characters, so please be on the lookout for this major update lol

Thanks so much for leaving us a review
10-24-2014, 06:08 AM
Kara-Tap! with major update!

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're about to submit a new version of Kara-Tap! with major updates.
Our new version includes:

- 4 NEW UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS.
- option to have button on either side of the screen (see I keep promises ).
- option to remove ad banner for good

Here is a snapshot of our newly joined members of Kara-Tap!. Hope you guys like them, and let us know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qdkarate_jedi_bg_deathstar2x.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	79798  
10-24-2014, 06:40 AM
oh and...

I forgot to mentioned this, but since this isn't regarding our update, it worked out well I guess

I just wanted to let you know that Android version of Kara-Tap! is on its way to Google Play We're looking at about a week, so please spread the word to your Android/Nexus/Lollipop friends!

Thanks!