★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Updates not working

10-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Updates not working

Strange issue today

Got 3 updates, everytime i click on one to update instead of updating the app it takes me straight into the game ??

First time it happened with Motorsport Manager today, thought it might have been an odd one off. Happened to two others now.

Can anyone else update apps?
10-10-2014, 09:18 AM
This fixed your problem!

[]My Side[]

Me too

Got 3 games to update. Infinity Blade III, Deemo & Temple Run 2. Instead of updating the games, it straights me to the game. Can't update anygame since appstore updated this week. I already contact the dev. Of those games, they said everything is fine. But for me, its not working.

I know one thing to update those apps.

Hope this help because I already done this ealier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[]Methods[]

1.) Open Appstore.

2.) Instead of going to "Update" section, go to "search" then type the app/game you need to update.

3.) For exam. Temple Run 2, once you see the app; go tap on it. Then you'll going to see "Update".

4.) Click "Update" then it will confirm you Appstore Account. Go type on it.

5.) Wait until the update is finish. Then close the Appstore from Multi Tasking. Open the app (Temple Run 2) NOTE: IT UPDATE SUCCESFULLY! Then check the Appstore logo. NOTE: SEE, THERE NO RED NUMBER TO UPDATE RIGHT?

6.) But Sadly, If you open again your Appstore and check back the "Update" section, you'll see that the app (ex. Temple Run 2) is NEEDED TO UPDATE. But don't worry maybe it's a BUG! And Apple must fix this ASAP!!!

[]Another Method[]

1.) Uninstall the App you need to update.

2.) Go search the App you uninstall.

3.) Re-install it again. NOTE: NO MORE "UPDATE" TEXT ON THE SELECTED APP YOU INSTALL ON YOUR "UPDATE" SECTION.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this help you out guys! And this need to be report ASAP! because it is a serious BUG!!!

P.S. I SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED MY APPS. EVERYTHING WORKS FINE BY USING THE METHODS. BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE APPS STILL SAYING THAT THEIR NEEDED TO BE UPDATE.

-C3FFF0E

⚜♜⚅✵【ℂℨ₣₣₣Ωℇ】✵⚅♜⚜
Music Producer / GFX Artist / Luker / Game Reviewer
【Check Out My Musics: Click Here! [For More Awesome Remixes]

Last edited by C3FFF0E; 10-10-2014 at 09:27 AM.

10-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Yeah i tried deleting and then re-installing but it still says it wants to update

Well its not just me then, i'm sure Apple will sort it out soon as its a bit bizarre. Had a quick google and didnt see many chats about it though
10-10-2014, 10:35 AM
It works for me but I have a feeling that I'm not totally satisfied.

Me too I search about this problem, same as you. Not yet known.

⚜♜⚅✵【ℂℨ₣₣₣Ωℇ】✵⚅♜⚜
Music Producer / GFX Artist / Luker / Game Reviewer
【Check Out My Musics: Click Here! [For More Awesome Remixes]
10-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Same here. I thought my Wifi has a hiccup again, but it didn't work in the office either.
Ah well, Apple will sort it out sooner or later...
10-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Anyone still with this problem ?

Emailed apple 2 days ago but nothing. Posted in an apple forum but nothing

Just got an update for callys caves which does the same thing

Might have to format my phone. Just don't want ios8 on it though
10-12-2014, 02:45 AM
It's a common issue since a couple of days and is also discussed at reddit. Seems like a problem on Apples side.
10-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks for telling me. Was about to format my phone. I'll wait a bit
10-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Thanks for telling me. Was about to format my phone. I'll wait a bit
Isn't there a way to format the phone without installing the update? I think there used to be - like pressing Alt while you plugged in the phone or something?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Well i must admit its a fair bit of hassle for me as i then have to jailbreak it, add all the apps etc.

I think i'll wait a while and try to prompt the Apple agent about my question (they said within 48 hours !)