★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Miner Man

10-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Miner Man

Hi Folks!

Let me introduce our latest app, Miner Man with which we pay tribute to our favorite game, Timberman!
Those who know and like Timberman will surely enjoy our game.
We could hardly put it down during development. We have set quite good records but we are curious to see how high (rather deep) score you can get.

!!!!!The game is released 15th October for iOS and Android as well!!!!!

Enjoy mining and just dig down!

Youtube link | Pop Up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minerman_v01_mainscreen_1280x800.png
Views:	1
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	79228   Click image for larger version

Name:	minerman_v02_ingame_1280x800.png
Views:	1
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	79229   Click image for larger version

Name:	minerman_v04_ingame_1280x800.png
Views:	2
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	79230  

10-17-2014, 05:41 AM
Playtest Comments

I downloaded the game from the app store and played it, bought a new character, had some fun.
I'd suggest a few things for you to consider:

- a quick screen freeze once the player starts playing the game the first time and a little explanation of what everything is (mini in-game tutorial) would be nice.

- I didn't like the fact that I had to keep tapping the down button. I bought character #2, Jack Hammer and intuitively thought that because he had a jackhammer that I wouldn't need to keep pushing the down button. I just want to hold the button to drill down

- the way the screen shifts every time you move down feels like it's designed with a camera view linked to a grid. It's very jarring on the eyes. I would suggest smooth screen motion instead of "step-motion". I hope I'm explaining myself properly... Msg back if you need more info.

- Character design: I would suggest being wary of copyright infringement when using characters like Pikachu. Your call.

- overall a well designed and beautifully drawn game. After getting to level 3, I expect that level 3 means more rocks/obstacles. Are there any characters for purchase in your game that can break through rocks?

Regards,

Steve
Sterling Games Inc.
10-17-2014, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingware View Post
I downloaded the game from the app store and played it, bought a new character, had some fun.
I'd suggest a few things for you to consider:

- a quick screen freeze once the player starts playing the game the first time and a little explanation of what everything is (mini in-game tutorial) would be nice.

- I didn't like the fact that I had to keep tapping the down button. I bought character #2, Jack Hammer and intuitively thought that because he had a jackhammer that I wouldn't need to keep pushing the down button. I just want to hold the button to drill down

- the way the screen shifts every time you move down feels like it's designed with a camera view linked to a grid. It's very jarring on the eyes. I would suggest smooth screen motion instead of "step-motion". I hope I'm explaining myself properly... Msg back if you need more info.

- Character design: I would suggest being wary of copyright infringement when using characters like Pikachu. Your call.

- overall a well designed and beautifully drawn game. After getting to level 3, I expect that level 3 means more rocks/obstacles. Are there any characters for purchase in your game that can break through rocks?

Regards,

Steve
Sterling Games Inc.
How could you play it if holding it down automatically made you drill. You would die almost instantly. You have to drill the perfect amount of spaces in many parts of the game. I just don't think that would work or it's possible.