★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Million's Lovers - Tricks, Likes, Treats. (by Shaking Sheep Studio)

10-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Petradise [FREE]

(We currently changed our title from "Million's Lovers to "Petradise", we hope it is easier to remember, thanks for your advices!)

Here is a little story behind the creation,

I had 3 dogs, but 2 Shelties passed away due to cancer. So I created a game base on them as an memory and wish they will live in the paradise, this is where i found the title of the game " Petradise" - Paradise for pets.

The background is designed on lake side as they used to run and played, and there are so many meats for them!! I am sure they will love this place, so is other pet.

Art style inspired by pixel masters: Superbrother, Fez...etc we suggest you check their games out too if you like pixel arts.

We are a new independent studio! Please rate for us and any comments from you will help us improve!

Thank you for your support!

Game Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

Last edited by shakingsheep; 11-29-2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Updating info
10-11-2014, 03:16 AM
A video of just the gameplay would be great. I can't fully understand the whole game and how it works from the video.

10-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
A video of just the gameplay would be great. I can't fully understand the whole game and how it works from the video.
Thanks for the advice, that's really helpful and straight point! i will make another one as quickly as possible and to show people how the game work!

Do screenshots looks okay for you? and do u find it read hard to read on the description?

Thanks you!!
10-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakingsheep View Post
Thanks for the advice, that's really helpful and straight point! i will make another one as quickly as possible and to show people how the game work!

Do screenshots looks okay for you? and do u find it read hard to read on the description?

Thanks you!!
Your welcome!!
I have not really seen the gameplay that much so I can't tell if it's a good screen shot but the 3rd one with the arrows might not be a good one. The others look fine.
10-11-2014, 10:06 AM
i tried it because i do like the look of it. It is quite beautiful. I missed some of the instructions by tapping the screen so think I missed the swiping part. I do like it, but as a runner, it really needs game center. Very inpressed though as it really looks, plays and sounds beautiful. Universal too would be great.
10-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Your welcome!!
I have not really seen the gameplay that much so I can't tell if it's a good screen shot but the 3rd one with the arrows might not be a good one. The others look fine.

Thanks, I will note that and reconsider in the next updates! and i added the gameplay trailer, you are right, gameplay trailer can let people know what is going on in the game! thanks a lot!!
10-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
i tried it because i do like the look of it. It is quite beautiful. I missed some of the instructions by tapping the screen so think I missed the swiping part. I do like it, but as a runner, it really needs game center. Very inpressed though as it really looks, plays and sounds beautiful. Universal too would be great.
THANKS!!! That's awesome and thanks for your support! your review is really important to us!! and i hope you will enjoy the game
11-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Looks like you guys were visually inspired by "Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP". like HEAVILY inspired. I don't mind 'cause i particulary dig the style, as most do honestly. But maybe you would like to add something like an inspiration list to the app's description, just to appease the people that might get angry over this kind of thing. Just a tip, best intentions here! After all if i were to design a game god knows i would considere doing it with the same visual style.

Sorry if you guys did this already and i just didn't noticed, anyway.
Hope to try the game soon, looks sweet in motion!
11-14-2014, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocka View Post
Looks like you guys were visually inspired by "Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP". like HEAVILY inspired. I don't mind 'cause i particulary dig the style, as most do honestly. But maybe you would like to add something like an inspiration list to the app's description, just to appease the people that might get angry over this kind of thing. Just a tip, best intentions here! After all if i were to design a game god knows i would considere doing it with the same visual style.

Sorry if you guys did this already and i just didn't noticed, anyway.
Hope to try the game soon, looks sweet in motion!
Thanks you for reminding, this is totally my mistake forgot to mentioned it in the description, as a new independent studio ( only me and a freelance programmer)
I found that a lot of small bit that I didn't noticed finally turn out very important.

Thanks a lot for the tips and I will def update the description soon with inspired list!
Cheers
Niki
11-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Game Impressions

You added my suggestion to the description! I'm blushing
Finally had the time to try it out (didn't wanted to just play it on the bus 'cause I thought for what I had seen that this deserved a little more of "respect") and I gotta say, I love it!
Visually gorgeous, the music is hauntingly beautiful and the gameplay is great. I'm not an auto-runner guy and i don't know if the mechanics were already done but honestly the swiping to do tricks while jumping and avoiding obstacles it's awesome, it took just one run to love this game!

Anyway, I'd like to make a couple of friendly fan suggestions.
At one point the song ended and it just... stay silent 'till I died. It really throw me off.
Also I think the red "aura" that the obstacles have really helps popping them out and maybe the trick arrows would need a little more of that, maybe making the colors a little brighter or something would make them easy to distinguish at any time.
And I don't know if this is because i'm on an iPhone 4, but I think the credits aren't centered.

To wrap things up: I think this is a great little game, well worth the price. There's little details that would go a long way, like an icon that doesn't seem like the game is about an alien-dog-abduction rampage or like the water having a little movement every now and then (like a rock was trown at it off camera) just to make everything feel more alive, or making the transition from main menu to the start of a run less violent, with a fade out or something.

PD: here's the score of my only run yet (the first of many many more) and i'll leave it here with just a request... Would be really neat if you guys included a "Gallery" of sorts for the sprites because oh god they're AMAZING. And maybe making the credits sprites and names roll really slowly along the background of an empty run, you know like classic credits style, just because everything you could do to showcase the art is well worth it.

Props for the work guys, this is in my ALL TIME TOP 10 DOG INSPIRED GAMES for sure!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	First run - Million's Lovers.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	81121