★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How's user discover your app

10-11-2014, 03:25 AM
How's user discover your app

Hi everyone,

We are a new indie game studio, we currently release our first game :
Million's Lovers - Tricks, Likes, Treats

The release day was 9th Oct 14 Thursday night, and it seems there is no download at all till today 11th Oct. I wonder how users actually discover the app, and looking for advice to improve sales.

There is only me in the company and freelance out the programming part. Due to the budget for the game, I have to do the marketing myself, I managed to setup a website and a trailer, is there any good suggestions how I spread this out?

Thanks for all the advices!
10-11-2014, 04:24 AM
I found your description hard to read. Your screenshots don't really tell me much about the game. There is no trailer in the preview even though you said you have done one for starters.

The fact you are a premium game with no free version getting sales will be hard. I don't know what the answer is to getting more sales with low cost marketing when your game is paid only.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8

10-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
I found your description hard to read. Your screenshots don't really tell me much about the game. There is no trailer in the preview even though you said you have done one for starters.

The fact you are a premium game with no free version getting sales will be hard. I don't know what the answer is to getting more sales with low cost marketing when your game is paid only.

Thanks you for the advice!! English is not my first language, and i will definitely re adjust to a better and easier description!
And I make the trailer after i submit the game, so i think the trailer will be upload in the next version very soon, hope that will help a little bit.

and I think the marketing is definitely very hard for low budget, i can only try my best, and see what i can do...

But thanks a lot for the advices!! appreciate it! especially for person like me who only just start making the first game.:
10-12-2014, 08:22 PM
I start posting on forum here and set up an account on twitter, it boost me from 1 to 10 downloads a day, but it seems i can't find anywhere to boost in more, any advices?

I will send a press release to editors tomorrow, i think i should not send it today as they probably not wanna received any emails on sunday.
10-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakingsheep View Post
I start posting on forum here and set up an account on twitter, it boost me from 1 to 10 downloads a day, but it seems i can't find anywhere to boost in more, any advices?

I will send a press release to editors tomorrow, i think i should not send it today as they probably not wanna received any emails on sunday.
Just posting here and setting up a Twitter account gave you 10 _paid_ downloads?
10-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiesgames View Post
Just posting here and setting up a Twitter account gave you 10 _paid_ downloads?
I post in the iPhone game in touch arcade, and then tweet on twitter with my trailer links etc

I don't know if that the reason, but that's all i can do
10-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Quote:
I post in the iPhone game in touch arcade, and then tweet on twitter with my trailer links etc

I don't know if that the reason, but that's all i can do

Okay. Congrats on making $20. At least you can say you're now a game developer that is making money!
10-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Okay. Congrats on making $20. At least you can say you're now a game developer that is making money!
I think most of the developer wants more player to play their game not only about making money, but more likely the effort they put in it, they also want more people to feel how much they want to produce a good game

Honestly, most of the developer feels marketing or drawing people attention is the hardest part, just like a knife, you always sharp on one side only. Hows sad.
10-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Quote:
I think most of the developer wants more player to play their game not only about making money, but more likely the effort they put in it, they also want more people to feel how much they want to produce a good game

Honestly, most of the developer feels marketing or drawing people attention is the hardest part, just like a knife, you always sharp on one side only. Hows sad.
Yup, it is the hardest part. Actually making the entire game is in many ways easier. Most of us are programmers and/or graphic designers from the beginning who's trying to learn marketing. Right now I wish I was a marketing expert who had learned how to make games..

We're dedicated to creating naughty games and apps for couples.
http://www.tingletouch.com
Also check out our upcoming card game "Bedroom Battle" on Kickstarter!
10-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Yup, it is the hardest part. Actually making the entire game is in many ways easier. Most of us are programmers and/or graphic designers from the beginning who's trying to learn marketing. Right now I wish I was a marketing expert who had learned how to make games..
You just spot on, i wish I could be a genius marketing person more then ever now!

What i can do now is to hug with other game dev like myself and helping each other, doing the best we can