★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Never seen a rocket riding chameleon? Now you control one!

If you enjoy simple yet challenging games then this is the one for you!

The rules are pretty straight forward:

1. Ride your rocket and chase down the yummy bugs.
2. Match the color of the chameleon with the color of the bugs to gobble them up.

That's all there is to it!

You control the chameleon by tapping on the screen. Each tap moves him up one lane. Tapping the screen while on the top most lane moves the chameleon back to the bottom most lane.

Achieve a high score and challenge your friends to beat it. Even better, enter the leaderboards and see if you have what it takes to climb to the top!

OldschoolBG's comments:

Screens of the current build (forgot to change them before I've released the version ).

Would love to hear what you guys and gals have to say about the game. All feedback is much appreciated.
10-12-2014, 11:13 AM
LoL, never heard of that one before so I Googled it. ^^ We went for a more 16 bit style because the straight cartoon one didn't quite do it for us.

10-27-2014, 06:50 AM
Version 1.0.2 is out! We've added a tutorial and iPhone 4 support, as well as fixed some issues with the game.

Here is some gameplay footage:

10-28-2014, 05:05 AM
Great art, simple and fun gameplay. Music works well, it almost sounds like a "kachinggg" when you eat a bug which is great! I originally thought that it would be good if you were able to tap up to go up and tap down to go down. But I think as the game gets faster, this is a good way to add a measure of difficulty. I would like to use the points I got to do stuff with them, such as have a small power up for 100 pts to have multicoloured chameleon for 3 seconds, etc.

I was able to get a bronze star within 5 minutes of playing which is also excellent as it encourages beginner players like me to continue playing. Please continue to add depth to this game. Well done.
10-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Hey man, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game! I'm happy to hear you find it entertaining.

You are 100% right about the controls. We made a conscious decision to have them set up as they are because of the challenge it adds to the game. Most people find it strange at first but once they understand the basic principles of how they work they are feeling OK with them.

Regarding your idea of including some power-ups in the game I can share this:
We thought of it during development and decided to leave it out of the initial version because we wanted to see if the core concept and mechanics are solid enough to stand on their own.

We are now in the process of evaluating the game's performance and if we see that there are enough people who find the game fun we will most definitely bring in more depth to it.

For example we thought of making a whole new mode which includes power-ups (as you mentioned some sort of invulnerability, score multiplier, speed reduction etc) and why not even power-downs (reverse movement, reverse screen scrolling , speed up etc) to make the game even more challenging and interesting.

I better stop here before my post becomes a huge wall of text. ^^ By all means feel free to ask questions or make more suggestions on how we can improve the game.
10-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Haha I can imagine a bug that's flashing and when you eat it only then do you discover what the "powerup" could be.. Imagine reversing controls at high speed .. What a mind bender. That would be awesome!
10-29-2014, 11:36 AM
High speed (score) + reversed controls + reversed screen scrolling = iPhone says "Hello floor!"
11-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Version 1.0.3 is out! We had to deal with some minor bugs. Interesting fact only eight people have managed to reach a score above 100. Don't be shy and give it a try! ^^