★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.", Martin Luther King, Jr.

Guide your light through the lifeless world. Collect sparkles to refill the energy, avoid shadows to stay alive.

Project J features:
- unique mechanics
- very hard and challenging fast-paced gameplay
- highly addictive
- simple and attractive graphics
- GameCenter and Everyplay enabled.

Feels awesome on a big-screen devices!

SUPDAWG's comments:

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that., Martin Luther King, Jr.

Guide your light through the lifeless world. Collect sparkles to refill the energy, avoid shadows to stay alive.

Project J features:
- unique mechanics
- very hard and challenging fast-paced gameplay
- three difficulty levels
- highly addictive
- simple and attractive graphics
- achievements and leaderboards
- everyplay enabled!

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlXNg6G1yH8

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/project-j/id895909768
10-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Hey, sup dog!
This game looks freaking awesome!!!! Very twitchy and trippy.
B)
Edit, how do you make a sunglass emoji?

10-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Looks trippy alright, it would be even better if it went to the beat! But I like the look of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Hey, sup dog!
This game looks freaking awesome!!!! Very twitchy and trippy.
B)
Edit, how do you make a sunglass emoji?

It's on the list of smilies
10-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Game Impressions

10-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Looks really cool, and what's up with the music? That sounds amazing. I'm gonna try it out after work.

Dennis Jensen - Game Designer, Artist
http://2ndstudio.dk - Games 'n' Stuff
10-13-2014, 09:46 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Looks really cool! Like the beat driven music and twitchy avoidance gameplay. Gonna check this out.

Edit: Played for about 5 minutes. Seems really fun and it's free, with an IAP to remove ads for $.99. Portrait style game with banner ads at top and pop-up ads every 3-5 games. 5 achievements worth a total of 200 pts. Leaderboard for how many souls you captured in a run.

It's kinda tricky so far. Easy to hit walls, but a challenge is good! Your finger moves the light around to dodge walls and collect souls. Only slight problem is you can't see your light with your finger covering it.

Looking forward to giving it more time. I'd recommend trying out for free.

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 10-13-2014 at 11:28 AM.
10-13-2014, 01:22 PM
It's a lot better than Flappy Bird, but not really my cup of tea. Menus are kinda ugly, tough.
10-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks for a feedback!
I'm already making some enhancements for the UI, shadow quality and sounds. I suppose that the update will be ready in a week (not counting time required for approve on the AppStore)
As for the covering light with a finger.. yeah, there is a small problem with that, which can't be "fixed" unfortunately. However, it feels supergreat when playing on an iPad/iPad Mini Maybe I'll add some additional control schemes in a future, time will show.
Cheers!
10-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPDAWG View Post
Thanks for a feedback!
I'm already making some enhancements for the UI, shadow quality and sounds. I suppose that the update will be ready in a week (not counting time required for approve on the AppStore)
As for the covering light with a finger.. yeah, there is a small problem with that, which can't be "fixed" unfortunately. However, it feels supergreat when playing on an iPad/iPad Mini Maybe I'll add some additional control schemes in a future, time will show.
Cheers!
I've been playing with a stylus and it's great! If you can make it so I can continue the game faster once I die I will get the iap. Also, I think it would be awesome if your running low on energy the screen would start flashing and it gets faster until you die. A lot of the time I'm don't even realize that I'm about to die because I can't look at the gauge because of the intense gameplay. This would help and it would also make the game look even cooler.