★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take control of a string puppet as you literally walk your way from start to finish!

Strung Along lets you control a wooden string puppet step by step, literally. Avoid obstacles by walking, jumping and grabbing onto things. The game features a wide array of different acts with platforming, balancing and timing puzzles. There is also the endless mode to perfect and practice your moves and stay upright as long as possible.

GAME FEATURES

* Unique walking gameplay!
* Many challenging acts featuring timing and platforming puzzles!
* Endless mode for practicing and honing your skills!
* Beautiful visuals and entertaining physics simulation!
* Funny accessories to dress up your puppet!
* Soothing classical music!
* Everyplay support for sharing replays with friends!
* Game Center Support
* Free of Ads and IAPs

drfroz's comments:
Hello there!

I've just released my new game "Strung Along" for iOS and Android. At heart, it's a game about walking a string puppet, but there's a bit more to it than just that.

Check out the release trailer and grab your free copy from the links below for the platform of your choice!

Launch Trailer:

10-14-2014, 06:39 AM
Looks pretty unique and fun

10-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Looks kind of fun. I'll check it out.

EDIT: Just noticed this is from the developer that did Deadly Bullet......which was an awesome game.
10-14-2014, 09:21 AM
^Downloading this because of Deadly Bullet. Really liked that game a lot. Deadly Bullet was free, no IAPs, and i dont even remember if it had ads. I wonder how this guy earns money off his games, but i'd be glad to buy something for Deadly Bullet.

Will be checking out Strung Along in a bit. Downloading now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Finished 6 stages so far, and all i can say is, this dev is a friggin genius.

I wont lie, this game is far from being one of the best games on the appstore, but it definitely is one of the most innovative and most unique.

I would say it's a platformer of sorts, like one of those get from point a to point b titles while being timed, and with other scoring mechanics.

Basically, you press and hold a button for each leg to pull the string up and put it down, and make single steps til you get to the finish line.

Pull the string too long, and your puppet's strings break. Lodge his feet onto obstacles, and your string would most likely break.

Easy so far, right?

Then, comes the obstacles. Ledges and moving platforms galore. Even sandbags strung above that could fall down on you.

Controls may not be the best because of the range of motion the game's physics allows, but it works pretty well. It would take a bit of getting-used-to first, before you can actually control your movement naturally.

Great physics, good visuals, realtime shadows, great innovation, no IAP, no ads... Definitely worth it's asking price of FREE, and more.

Basically the flaw of this game is adapting to the game's physics and how the controls affect them. But it's free with no strings attached (), so i encourage you to try it out.

I really hope this dev gets more recognition for his work. I also downloaded his other games to see what else this genius has made, and i know Deadly Bullet is friggin fantastic.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Exact-Psience: Thank you! Good to hear some feedback! It was a strange project, and got bigger than intented. I saw something unique there and decided to carry on and finish it. It took a long time to get the gameplay and physics work hand-in-hand yet it still would require more work to feel better, but for now I am quite satisfied.

I didn't want to make Deadly Bullet 2 yet, so decided to do something strange instead
10-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Gamecenter for endless and a donation button is missing in this gem !
10-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Downloading as we speak. Deadly Bullet has NEVER left my Note 3 and after taking care of this on Android too, I'll most definitely give them some iOS love too.

Really wish we could throw some money your way, drfroz.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-14-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm a Deadly Bullets fan, too. That's a fun game.

Here's my attempt at Act 4.

10-14-2014, 06:10 PM
This game is so much better than daddy long legs. If it doesn't go viral than something's wrong with the App Store.

Both this and Deadly a billet have been brilliant and free (I wasn't a huge fan of your other two freebies, if I. Being honest)

Anyway...

Take my money already.

There will be a day when you focus your talents towards a more full featured game with a bit more content, and it will be special. I'm not saying strung along and DB aren't special, I just know your Pice de rsistance will be coming one day, and it will be something that is truly great.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 10-14-2014 at 06:18 PM.