★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Free Trader is a solitaire card game of space exploration, trading and avoiding misfortune - in the form of Pirates, Invaders and Police patrols.

It plays by exploring planets and drawing cards for events and trade prices. Explore and trade to acquire enough wealth to pay off your debts and live the good life!

Sounds simple, but the life of a Free Trader is very unpredictable...

2009 Golden Geek Best Print & Play Board Game Nominee
10-14-2014, 03:17 PM
This looks good, I might have to give it a go.

10-14-2014, 04:28 PM
check out this gameplay video of "Free Trader" over on BBG:
http://boardgamegeek.com/video/3799/...d-sample-turns

it's the same one that's free over on google play. BUT, it's different graphically from the game listed here but i think it's the same game (different developers, same game?). if anyone's bought this one, does it play the same as the one on the video above?

well, i got it and it is the "same" game as the video above but MUCH better graphically. i haven't played yet but the graphics are very nice and here's the game rulebook.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 10-14-2014 at 07:41 PM.
10-15-2014, 06:02 PM
although it looks nice, plays smooth, and is simplistically fun it is insanely hard, almost (but not yet) to the point where i'll stop playing. i mean, playing baseball as a kid was fun but not so much after losing 10 straight games

- hmmm, not a huge turn out here. no one else giving this a try?
10-16-2014, 05:07 PM
guess i'm talking to myself here, but the Dev said they would implement an Easy Mode (more starting currency) in the next update.
10-16-2014, 05:31 PM
I think I'll give it a try considering the genre, low price of admission, and lack of Freemium elements.

Don't worry, Mack, you're no longer alone.
10-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Quote:
you're no longer alone
ahem...

anyway, and still talking to myself, here is what's coming in the patch already submitted to apple:

Rule changes:
- Planet card modifier of zero no longer restricts availability of goods at that planet.
(i asked for clarification on this. +0 means no goods on the planet so i don't get what 'no longer restricts availability' means)

- Added an easy mode. When this mode is active, Star Port Event Cards get +1 to all sell prices.
- During combat, is any system level goes to zero, the ship is destroyed.

Other changes:
- Increased size of zoomed cards.
- Changed "Audio" to "Options" in the Settings menu.
- Minor bug fixes.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 10-28-2014 at 09:48 PM.
11-01-2014, 04:44 PM
hey Mack, how ya' doin'? just wanted to let you know the update is out!