★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Invictus
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 21.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: Dig as fast and deep as you can with your miner before your time runs down!
Miner is a casual reflex game in pixel art style.
Speed and fast decision-making is vital in this game.
Master your skills to beat your and your friends records.
Be the first on the leaderboards!
10-15-2014, 03:41 AM
I like this, but why no slide control? With these onscreen buttons the game is nearly unplayable for me.

free, first person view scifi adventure game: https://www.facebook.com/Dead-Cyborg-157189304366315/

10-15-2014, 07:11 AM
Thought this was going to be a straight-up Dig Dug-style game, but it actually plays closer to Timberman or Foodie Yama. Digging speed is definitely more important than strategy.

I think that the controls work really well. I was particularly pleased to see that there is an option to move the down control to the middle of the screen for one-handed play, although it's definitely easier to use the default scheme if you're going for high scores.
10-15-2014, 07:17 AM
On a less positive note, it's disappointing to see that, of all the unlockable characters, the only female is an unrealistically-proportioned bikini babe called the Gold Digger whose oversized breasts jiggle as she drills.

The range of male characters and the character art is really good, so it's a shame to see such a lack of imagination and balance.
10-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
On a less positive note, it's disappointing to see that, of all the unlockable characters, the only female is an unrealistically-proportioned bikini babe called the Gold Digger whose oversized breasts jiggle as she drills.

The range of male characters and the character art is really good, so it's a shame to see such a lack of imagination and balance.
Thanks for your feedback and sorry about the proportion of the characters! We want to release more characters in the following updates.
10-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Game crashes to home screen as soon as it connects to GameCenter :/

iPad mini retina, iOS 8.0.2.
10-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvianna View Post
Game crashes to home screen as soon as it connects to GameCenter :/

iPad mini retina, iOS 8.0.2.
Same issue, iPhone 5s
10-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Definitely needs an up button.

Dunno if that's part of the strategy, but at high speeds, the fingers slip and I end up with rocks on all three sides, forcing me to end the run.

Overall pretty cool! I'm growing fond of some good Timberman style games.
10-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Bought the "Golden edition" coz this game rocks!
I like the fact Robocop makes an appearance 😎