Mission Europa 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MrSpud, Oct 15, 2014.

1. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    #1 MrSpud, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Mission Europa 2 is coming! Work has just started and previous projects from Ryan Mitchell (Bansheesoft) have been put on hold. This follow up will be created with the Unity engine and you can expect much more improved graphics and faster development cycle. For more info and updates check out http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Oh wow, this is incredible. ME is probably my favorite iOS game, Ryan did such a fantastic job on it. I hope he starts posting on the forums again, haven't seen him around here in awhile. He was great at interacting with the community.

3. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Great to see you both! Been a while fire!..

I am back to my love. I decided to delve into Unity and I am blown away thus licensed it. No more rolling my own engine and delaing with thousands of possible issues and upgrading constantly. Plus all the hundreds of other boons!.. Now I can totally focus on the game! Things have just begun but I will not be leaving these forums again and will be around!

I am really excited! I will make a formal post about it after the story has congealed more. It will be starting on Mission Europa at another port as a space merc looking to get rich quick on alien artifacts. However, he (you) is going to find much more then he bargained for. I will be using the latest unity and all the great tech/assets that goes with it. So here is to seeing the whole gang back together and bringing M.E.2 to life!

[​IMG]

4. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I downloaded the first one a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, havejt finished it yet. Love the graphics, gives it an old school teel... Still jump in it evrry once in awhile... A fun action RPG! Looking forward to a sequel.

5. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Oh man..there goes my nights..super excited Ryan..looking forward to helping if you need me!

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks guys non more excited then me. With unity the process is amazingly amazingly fast! And I love it!

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Oh yeah, I'm ready to sink some serious time into this. Really looking forward to it Ryan!

8. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Oh man I'm so looking forward to this. I played a ton of the original.

9. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    I am really having fun with it already and its already 5:30 hours till I have to wake up =)... back to the old methods =P

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    That's awesome news! One of the best mobile fps/rpg games is getting a sequel, woohoo! Subscribed.

11. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I liked the first game a lot, I even liked the style, though I hated the blockiness. I am looking so much forward to see what you can do with Unity. That could be awesome! :D

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Really loved the first one back then, but now it felt a bit aged.

Sooo looking forward to the enhancements this sequel could offer.

13. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks I will try to get some pics as yes this is a MUCH improved game. The old one had to run on the iPhone 3g with 20-30 characters on screen. Not an easy task in my hand made engine even

Now Unity!

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Man, its so good to see back on the forums! Its been what, nearly 4 years since ME launched? Makes me feel old.

I'm extremely excited to see what becomes of this, as a single developer you did some amazing things with your in-house engine on ME, its going to be cool to see what you do with Unity.

Any plans for another Collectors Edition? :D

16. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Not sure on the packages yet as its really early ;) and I am more excited then anyone! Unity is amazing if I had this power back then wow! Now I do and it's time to step it up ;) it's moving amazingly fast. In one week while learning the new blender 7.2 and unity 4.3 I went from zilch to the space merc in game running around and starting the first base. Not to mention the web site wiki and all else. However, unity is like nitro in a space rocket as far as speeding development. Exporters not needed translators not needed hand coding kd-tree collision not needed, hand coding everything not needed ! Awesome! I am very excited and once I get some good game shots I will be posting them here.

I am back to the forums and not leaving ;) thanks for hanging out ;)

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome news!

I'm one who was rather late to the party with the original, and just couldn't get into it (it does show its age a bit more than most games..).

That said, I'm very excited about this :D

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    As excited as I am to see Mission Europa 2, epic news (!!!); the Cursed Realms allha was really promising so hooefully that comes up soon enough too... ok ok, bring on Mission Europa 2 - this is amazing!

19. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Cursed realms is shelved not canceled ;) after me2 I may move it to unity . Maintaining an engine and creating a game is a lot of work. Unity is amazingly good so far and cross platform.

Happy Monday!

20. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #20 SouL_DragooN, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    Wow this is moving quickly! 6 work evenings in and I am in love with Unity!

As always comments of images are on my blog. (Have to host images and it is easier =-)

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]