★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **** Not compatible with iPhone 4s and lower ****
**** Not compatible with iPad Mini (1st Gen) ****
**** Not compatible with iPad 2 and lower ****

"atmospheric platform game that is slow paced, easy on the eyes, and full of great puzzle challenges"
- idownloadblog

4/5 - iPhones.ru
9.25/10 - appzapp
4.5/5 appsrumors

Red Riding Hood like never before....

Dr.Riding Hood (noted particle physicist) and her team are on the cusp of a new era in clean energy. Their Antimatter Reactor will brighten the world's future and usher in a clean, sustainable energy source to the world's power suppliers.

One night, when Dr.Riding Hood is working late, an anomaly in the algorithm causes a particle blast that sends Dr.Riding Hood through time and space. She, now lost and timeless, must find her way back home.

FEATURES:

YOU ARE IN FULL CONTROL
>Intuitive 60/40 split controls give an awesome platformer controls experience
>Use the left 60% of the screen for movement, right 40% to jump and onscreen buttons for actions

PLAY ON ANYSCREEN
>Whaleo Anyscreen* allows iPhone users to play the game on almost ANY DEVICE that is fully HTML5 compatible
>Start playing on your iPhone than switch to your computer (i.e. iMac) in seconds

REVOLUTIONARY ADVENTURE STORY
>Amazing new story of Red Riding Hood
>Game Center achievements

A TRUE CHALLENGE
>Gorgeous level design
>Learn to use patience to your advantage
>Each level presents challenging puzzles that will keep you on your feet

AN AUDIO EXPERIENCE
>Beautiful, original, compelling soundtrack

USEFUL SURROUNDINGS
>Take control of abandoned vehicles placed throughout the levels

Red Riding Hood By whaleo. Win Life by winning games.

*Anyscreen is a service and may not be available all the time. Anyscreen requires internet connection, and geolocation services.

Whaleo's comments:

Trailer:
Youtube link | Pop Up

Gameplay:
Youtube link | Pop Up
10-15-2014, 06:09 AM
This looks awesome I'm going to have to try and get an iTunes card today.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.

10-15-2014, 06:11 AM
Is that a DeLorean and a tardis in the trailer?
10-15-2014, 06:13 AM
Arrrgh no iphone 4s ! Shame

The controls sound weird though, left hand side to jump, right hand side to move ? Practically 99% of platformers on ios are the other way round
10-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Arrrgh no iphone 4s ! Shame

The controls sound weird though, left hand side to jump, right hand side to move ? Practically 99% of platformers on ios are the other way round
Your right, it doesn't make sense.
10-15-2014, 06:17 AM
This looks really intriguing! Anyone got a chance to try it yet? 99c seems really low(?), any catch here? Like IAPs etc?

Edit: Ouch about the controls, maybe they were high making the game. Hopefully u can toggle that somewhere..

Edit: Nm, just bought it. The controls are a bit awkward (altho by no means unplayable), and there's no setting for toggling sides. The action button placement is on the very top right corner on my iPad, which is yet another very weird and awkward design decision. It seems to be a slow paced affair, so you're prolly not gonna fumble with the action button fighting of enemies or whatever. Still a weird design choice.

This is some serious artsy fartsy stuff, hopefully the puzzle elements can keep it interesting. From the looks of how far the level screen scrolls I'd say it seems to be on the shorter side, but at only 99c that doesn't matter (and I could be wrong). Great chilled out music by the way. And NO IAPs.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Last edited by chris1a; 10-15-2014 at 06:46 AM.
10-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
This looks really intriguing! Anyone got a chance to try it yet? 99c seems really low(?), any catch here? Like IAPs etc?

Edit: Ouch about the controls, maybe they were high making the game. Hopefully u can toggle that somewhere..
Sure they'll amend it/toggle it at some point. The game graphics look great but i am stunned when devs dont look at say platform games on iOS and see that everyone has movement left/jump right or no one testing it said that
10-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Quote:

I love your explanation. I laughed so hard!
Maybe there is an option is the settings to reverse the controls.
10-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Went ahead and bought it. The controls are a bit awkward (altho by no means unplayable), and there's no setting for toggling sides. The action button placement is on the very top right corner on my iPad, which is yet another very weird and awkward design decision. It seems to be a slow paced affair, so you're prolly not gonna fumble with the action button fighting of enemies or whatever. Still a weird design choice.

This is some serious artsy fartsy stuff, hopefully the puzzle elements can keep it interesting. From the looks of how far the level screen scrolls I'd say it seems to be on the shorter side, but at only 99c that doesn't matter (and I could be wrong). Great chilled out music by the way. And NO IAPs.

Edit: That came of a bit too negative, my very first impression after 1 minute was "this is definitely a game I want to explore some more" so..that's good I guess

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Last edited by chris1a; 10-15-2014 at 06:51 AM.
10-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Quote:

Edit: Nm, just bought it. The controls are a bit awkward (altho by no means unplayable), and there's no setting for toggling sides. The action button placement is on the very top right corner on my iPad, which is yet another very weird and awkward design decision. It seems to be a slow paced affair, so you're prolly not gonna fumble with the action button fighting of enemies or whatever. Still a weird design choice.

Haha no not high. After a few tests I found most people were more accurate with movement on the right so that what I went for. Toggle option is a good idea. Will add that to the update list. I've noticed there is some trouble using "Anyscreen" a fix will be submitted to Apple shortly. Feel free to provide more comments and suggestions here.

P.S. There are no IAP and no catches. $0.99 (US) is for the full game

Mike

Last edited by Whaleo; 10-15-2014 at 07:48 AM.