★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pixel Boat Rush on Android on October 22!

10-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Pixel Boat Rush on Android on October 22!

Good news, Pixel Boat Rush will be launched on Android on October 22! Furthermore, the game is available RIGHT NOW in pre-release for those who would like to beta test the game.

During this period, the game will be offered for 0.99$ instead of the 2.49$ launch price. All you have to do is to register to the following Google Group and follow the instructions. Since we're using the Google Play beta system, the purchase will give you access to the release version and all future updates, as normal.

Pixel Boat Rush is a frantic pixel art arcade combat boat racing game!

The gameplay mixes a one-touch racing mechanic with 2 weapon/defensive buttons. The progression features an in-depth career mode and RPG-like humoristic conversations with parodic characters!

An easy to learn, hard to master, fun arcade racing game with loads of content!

This game is geared for a premium experience (no IAP)

One-Touch Racing Mechanic:

Touch to accelerate, release to brake. If you release the gaz on a wave, you'll stick to it. If you keep the gaz pressed, you'll jump off the waves. Releasing the gaz while in the air will make you fall faster.

Obstacles and Power-Ups:

If air drag makes staying on water quicker, sometimes it's best to jump. It could be for grabbing a power-up, avoiding an obstacle or a tricky set of waves.

Combat:

Fighting with opponent brings a whole new dimension to the game. It not only adds action, but also tactical aspects, which quickly becomes a key for victory.

Main Features:

- Career and arcade mode
- 15 racing tracks
- 100 racing events across 7 types of race (normal, ceasefire, eliminations, demolition, carnage, last man standing, endurance)
- 20 Licenses: series of mini-quests which unlock the next racing categories
- 50 racing boats, each with its own specific upgradable configuration: find which boat is best suited for each event!
- Over 20 types of guns
- 4 racing categories: climb the ladders and become the world champion!
- One-touch racing mechanic + 2 offensive/defensive buttons
- Power-ups: boost, ammo, shield, coins, repair
- Time trial mode against your best ghosts
- RPG-like parodic conversations with characters inspired from the popular culture
- Pixel damage: when a boat takes damage, bits of the boat fly-off
- Trophies system for replay value: finish first in all races to collect all gold trophies
- Game Center: leaderboards (based on best lap time and trophies earned) and achievements
- 3 save files
- Colourful pixel art retro graphics
- Rich original retro soundtrack

XperimentalZ Games website Twitter:@XperimentalZ
10-18-2014, 12:56 AM
Bought this on IOS and I love it. Just signed up and downloaded the beta for android. Glad to now own it on both platforms! Great job!

10-18-2014, 05:38 AM
Great, I can now play on Android
Thanks for porting it to Android..
10-19-2014, 08:15 PM
We hoped for a smooth and short beta which would be a formality. Unfortunately, it turned out that game had crash issues on several devices. In order to support as many devices as possible at launch, we're postponing the release and extending the beta period.

We'd like to apology to players waiting for the game to come out on Android and we'll do our best to make a new announcement as soon as possible!

11-30-2014, 06:21 PM
It looks like the major problems we had are now resolved! The game is still 60% off during beta. That should last for a few more days, until we officially re-announce the launch date .

12-05-2014, 03:03 PM
The game will launch officially on December 10, both on Google Play and the Amazon App Store!

12-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Beautiful game. I am also a developer. I wonder what engine made the game? And if not a secret how does the physics of water?
12-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcube View Post
Beautiful game. I am also a developer. I wonder what engine made the game? And if not a secret how does the physics of water?
Thanks! The engine is cocos2D version 2. The water is made out of openGL triangle strips on which a texture is applied. A wave corresponds to a set of vertices positioned on a sin/cos pattern. The height of the vertices is moved in real time to produce the bouncy effect.

12-09-2014, 04:56 AM
XperimentalZ, thanks for the reply! Good luck
12-09-2014, 06:34 AM
Great job… Attractive game…

I can now play on Android…

Thanks for porting it to Android..