★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "This is a game that fans of challenging minimalist arcade games, not to mention pixel art, should keep an eye on" - Touch Arcade

"SUPERHYPER combines the frantic twitch controls of Super Hexagon with the strategic auto-running of Temple Run." - Pocket Gamer

"Thats what i would imagine is on the only arcade machine in hell" - Touch Arcade comment

#SUPERHYPER is a low-fi, minimalist, pure action game about surviving on a 3-lane grid for as long as possible.

#SUPERHYPER offers 4 different difficulty modes ranging from SUPER to #SUPERHYPER, each with their own unique challenges.

#SUPERHYPER can be played using TAPS, SWIPES, or VIRTUAL BUTTONS.

#SUPERHYPER has Game Center leaderboards and achievements for each mode.
10-15-2014, 08:50 PM
It might have started slow but today's actually turned out great. Looks like I'll be needing that iTunes card after all!

10-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Ah man, no love for this? Been pretty hyped for it since PG's coverage.
10-16-2014, 05:20 AM
I just played this for about 15 minutes. I have not made my final verdict but I think I'm disappointed. There are some things that need to be changed in the settings by default. Music and sound are turned off when you start
I thought my ipad was broken. I even restarted it because there was not any sound. Also it comes with the swipe controls on by default. These are the worse kind of controls to have for this game. It makes changing lanes very slow. The other two contro options are better but not that great. So far this seems to be like a boring octagon with worse controls.
10-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Quote:
"Thats what i would imagine is on the only arcade machine in hell" - Touch Arcade comment
Alright. Own up. Who said that?

Just picked this up. Will give it a whirl later.
10-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I just played this for about 15 minutes. I have not made my final verdict but I think I'm disappointed. There are some things that need to be changed in the settings by default. Music and sound are turned off when you start
I thought my ipad was broken. I even restarted it because there was not any sound. Also it comes with the swipe controls on by default. These are the worse kind of controls to have for this game. It makes changing lanes very slow. The other two contro options are better but not that great. So far this seems to be like a boring octagon with worse controls.
Hi, I'm sorry you feel that way! You're definitely right that something went wrong with the default settings, that's my bad and i immediately submitted an update which is currently under review. It sucks that this had to be your first impression of SUPERHYPER.

I know the swipes vs. buttons vs. taps can be polarising, I've had a group of 50+ very active playtesters during development and their preferences were split 30/30/30 between which one was the best.

I'll be actively taking in feedback and monitoring what people's impressions are of SUPERHYPER so I can address whatever comes up in updates, I hope you'll stick with it and enjoy how it turns out.
10-16-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm dloading now, will try it ASAP.
10-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Discovered this was out on Pocket Gamer, I thought this would be on the TA list of hot games for sure
It's hard because you can't see what's coming fast enough, or I'm really slow....
I did check the settings but left the music off anyway.
Overall a nice supplement to the twitchy Super Hexagon style gaming....can't was to see what future updates bring.

My only suggestion would be to change the egg shaped thing you are to something else? Not sure what....just an aesthetic preference
10-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Wish the buttons weren't so shallow. I really struggle not to tap too high, otherwise they'd be my favourite control scheme.

Anyone know what score is required in Super to unlock Hyper? I've broken 200 and still not unlocked it.
10-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Surely looks like my style of game. I'll probably grab a copy soon as I re-up my iTunes credit.