Universal [JPN] Chaos Rings III (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Oct 16, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Omg you found it omg im dying

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    It's not out in the US yet :\ I'm hoping it comes out here when it hits midnight. That's my last hope. If not then all my crazy waiting and waking up early today was for nothing :(

4. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Sigh it's not coming to america trust me, :/ remember Tokyo game show thy said they aren't sure about American release yet. But there's always hope. Anyways how does the icon look?

5. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Yeah, I was about to say - if it's only just launched in Japan then we certainly won't be seeing it tonight. It's not come up in the last burst of games, though I suspected as much unfortunately.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well CR2 was a simultaneous release (not sure the exact hour however). And the Japan timezone is ahead and its released at around 11:30 their time.

On the bad side they never did make any English announcements that they did for CR2. I wonder why. CR2 was so long ago! Early 2012! Did they think CR2 didn't do well enough to release it globally?

So if it doesn't magically appear I'm going to be upset. That must mean they haven't even worked on the English version at all. Great.

Icon looks nice but it doesn't have the cool look of the other icons. Just 2 anime faces. No gritty face look. Godddamn SQE if you're aren't going to give me CR3 in English at least update TWEWY and ALL THE OTHER CR games so I CAN PLAY THEM. JEEZ.

7. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Chaos rings 2 must have did well enough in japn but not America im guessing sigh and really nice. This really is a departure. Here's hopingnitndoes well in Japan again for a chaos rIngs 4.

8. shidokan57

shidokan57 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Would you guys stop, this will see a worldwide release. They may still have to translate it or somthing. Square does stuff goofy but i will bet my house that this will see a US release. Maybe they holding out so they can do english voice acting! Lol i got my fingers crossed. The wait begins.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    No IAP, friends. And don't worry too much about the English release. It'll come, just not today.

10. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Your right I apologize. Good luck on the English voice acting. Our main character doesn't talk much it looks like

11. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Oh sorry double post but really Shaun? How you know that? No Iap for cards or gatcha or online?

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Not today makes me feel miserable. It could literally be in 1 or 2 more years. Seeing how long they took to make the 3rd, it feels even worse now that I don't know if/when this will ever come.

The lack of English announcements makes me lose hope that this is coming anytime soon. I hope they just surprise me but SQE hasn't had such a great track record. Ahem "oh hey we noticed your games don't run on ios8. Brb" and nothing a month later. It's like there's only one person on the optimization team.

13. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Why don't you ou just buy the japanese version? :) I would.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I will hold on to this tiny bit of hope. Thanks, man.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #15 L.Lawliet, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    Meh not a good idea. RPGs rely on dialogue. I would be missing like half the game. And it's not cheap. I would double dip if it was $5 or so. But it's 2800 yen which is even more than CR2 costed at release I believe. That's one of the SQE most expensive games to date. That's the price of a brand new handheld game.

Edit:

Just checked. CR2 released at $17.99.

CR3 isn't converted to USD pricing yet but in it's equivalent would be nearly $10 more. It's extremely expensive if you look at it in terms of all their other games that they sell. I'd definitely buy it in a heartbeat but not in another language unfortunately.

16. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    True but there could be a option to turn it to English. Plus at least you can play it early and learn some japanese.

17. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Just check the App description. If a game has IAP, they have to say so in that description, but there's no sign of it anywhere. Also, I have the game already. :D

18. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Oh true so lucky Shaun so how is it so far??? :D tell me my main character has a voice cause every video I seen we choose decision for him what to say but no voice.

19. brujo55

brujo55 Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Contain english lang??

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Reading can save a lot of people's time y'know.