★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SPECIAL PRICE
50% OFF (USD 7.99 -> USD 3.99)!!!

Suddenly summoned to a mysterious world, what will the hero protect and lose? Your adventure begins!

Master 20 different classes!

Create the ultimate character with a wide variety of classes!
As the story progresses, the protagonist and his friends will be able to switch to different classes.
As classes are mastered, special skills are learned and advanced classes become available.
Create your own ultimate character.

Use the hero's special skill Brave Burst!

Different classes will teach you different skills.
Fill up the gauge and... Brave Burst!
Make full use of diverse abilities, and defeat the enemies in your way.

In search of friends around the world...
You will become friends with more characters as the story progresses.
Sometimes characters who are not main characters will join you if you talk to them.

*This game features some in-app-purchase content. While in-app-purchase content requires additional fees, it is not necessary for finishing the game.
*The actual price might differ depending on the region.

(C)2013 KEMCO/Hit-Point
10-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Nice another kendo RPG. Still waiting for that dead dragon or shining Mars one.

im a rpg loving kind of guy

10-16-2014, 05:00 AM
What luck I just finished dragon quest 2 yesterday. I'll grab this now. Quick research shows it has been out since July on android and fetches 3.8/5 stars there
10-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Seems intriguing! BUT managing 20+ inventories will be hellacious if there aren't basic tools in place, I'm talking about something as simple as the little up or down arrows that show if what you're shopping for is better/worse/equal to what you have. The couple kemco games strangely didn't it, and constantly double checking numbers is not fun.
10-17-2014, 01:11 PM
So far it's promising. 20 classes in an open tiered system. Side quest system with separate log. Crafting system to combine items into new, more powerful ones.

You do see stat comparisons when purchasing or equipping items. Yay.

4-character party system where you have what appear to be primary, plot characters as well as a multitude of mercenaries to choose from. Mercenaries don't have level/stat growth and can't be customized, but are often quite powerful relative to your characters at the time you unlock them.

Story starts off about as cliche as it gets. No surprise there.

You get 1 IAP for every 5 enemies killed (not battles, but individual enemies). You can use these to purchase permanent stat points, or the usual "cheat" type items like xp, gold, class xp doublers. Combat often features 2-3 enemies (up to 4 max), so these rack up quickly. My party is approaching level 20 and I've already made enough to purchase a class xp doubler.

Some sort of reputation system, but unclear if it actually affects anything.

Some non-linear elements. Exploring the landscape can discover locations outside the plot line. I've obtained some nice treasures and also gotten some bonus cut-scenes with my characters.

Having a blast so far.
10-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syro View Post
So far it's promising. 20 classes in an open tiered system. Side quest system with separate log. Crafting system to combine items into new, more powerful ones.

You do see stat comparisons when purchasing or equipping items. Yay.

4-character party system where you have what appear to be primary, plot characters as well as a multitude of mercenaries to choose from. Mercenaries don't have level/stat growth and can't be customized, but are often quite powerful relative to your characters at the time you unlock them.

Story starts off about as cliche as it gets. No surprise there.

You get 1 IAP for every 5 enemies killed (not battles, but individual enemies). You can use these to purchase permanent stat points, or the usual "cheat" type items like xp, gold, class xp doublers. Combat often features 2-3 enemies (up to 4 max), so these rack up quickly. My party is approaching level 20 and I've already made enough to purchase a class xp doubler.

Some sort of reputation system, but unclear if it actually affects anything.

Some non-linear elements. Exploring the landscape can discover locations outside the plot line. I've obtained some nice treasures and also gotten some bonus cut-scenes with my characters.

Having a blast so far.
Awesome, thanks a bunch for the impressions!!! Maybe I'll finally finish one of these cursed rpgs, after all!!!
10-24-2014, 12:08 PM
@Syro: hey thanks for the insights XD
Sounds pretty good, I'm trying to control how many of these RPGs I buy now :X
10-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Shaun just posted a solid review: http://toucharcade.com/2014/10/24/rp...areino-review/

I just finished the game and it unlocks both a new game+ and a post game. The new game+ has no new content, but lets you carry over certain things. I'll report back on how extensive the post game is. Right now it feels like it might just be an extra boss battle, but I still haven't found the last side-quest so maybe there's more.

The normal play-through has two pretty extensive optional dungeons. One is just a continuation of a plot dungeon past where the plot takes you that yields some really nice items if you can survive it. The other is a hidden dungeon which is pretty insane: 10 floors, completely maze-like, tons of treasures, crazy dangerous encounters, and a final boss that I'm still working on beating.

I wouldn't say this one brings anything new to the table (although the party system is interesting), but it is executed better than most. And I love open class systems
10-26-2014, 05:15 AM
Post game is a single dungeon and boss.

I never did find the final side quest. If anyone else plays this through and discovers it please let me know how/where.

*edit: I was bored and beat the final boss with the character that unlocks post game. Gives you a special cutscene. Still missing last side quest.

Last edited by Syro; 10-28-2014 at 07:55 AM.