★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Binary Rush is a simple but challenging game that will mess with your head and test your reflexes!
Tap left and right to control both dots in their endlessly scrolling virtual world while avoiding obstacles.

Features :

- Addictive gameplay
- Bold and colorful graphics
- Catchy chiptunes music
- Universal App; play on both iPhone and iPad
- Game Center Leaderboards & Achievements
- Social network sharing: Share to Facebook & Twitter
- Record and share game replay

How to play :

- Tap left to make the left dot switch lanes
- Tap right to make the right dot switch lanes
- Don't hit anything

Owned and published by Macrobean Entertainment Inc. Developed In collaboration with Mudloop.

Mudloop's comments:

Hi folks!

Releasing two games in one day

Binary Rush is a simple but challenging game that will mess with your head. It's a simple endless scroller, in which you control two dots separately, each in a lane with mirrored colors. This creates some interesting challenges.

The graphic style is deliberately minimal.

The game is available on iOS and Android.

Enjoy!
11-03-2014, 07:50 PM
I have just released a Premium Edition of Binary Rush. No ads, no IAP.

Here are 10 promocodes. Please let others know which one you use. Also, some impressions (good or bad) are appreciated if you use a code.

MME966LNP34P
6APKK3FLK7TF
9EYTWJAYNTKL
NEN76WW477M7
69NHEP3LWMMF
JKKPFFAMTJFX
RXHHY3JY9AMF
4AKHNH7YE3RX
9TJP3YHM74TA
X6J47MLYLWTY

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/binary-rush-premium-edition/id933630914

11-05-2014, 08:09 PM
The premium version of Binary Rush just entered the top 200 racing games in the US, at spot 146. I have no idea yet what that means in terms of downloads... I'll know tomorrow, probably not all that much.

Help me enter the top 100 by downloading it for a buck, and leaving a review. If you PM me your iTunes username and I can verify the review, you'll get a promocode for two other games (ADAM Premium and 1-Bit Hero Premium), and promocodes for two upcoming games, Bye Bye Kitty Premium and Disturbed Bird Premium, once they hit the stores.
11-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Mudloop just released a load of some amazing twitchy challenging suoer addicting high scorers. You must try them all. Im totally into this! It's not one of those stay in the line games. This one seems completely original using lanes. At first it was very difficult to get used to the colors but soon I get it clicked. Two suggestions.
I love how it feels heavy when you switch lanes but the movement needs to be quicker for a twitch game like this.
Also, the score on the the top blocks what's coming ahead. Anyway you could improve that? Other than that this game is very solid. Great work!
11-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I love how it feels heavy when you switch lanes but the movement needs to be quicker for a twitch game like this.
Sure, I can tweak that a little for the next update!

Quote:
Also, the score on the the top blocks what's coming ahead.
Well, not sure how I could improve on that without breaking the two color thing I've got going on... But I'll give it some more thought.
11-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudloop View Post
Sure, I can tweak that a little for the next update!

Well, not sure how I could improve on that without breaking the two color thing I've got going on... But I'll give it some more thought.
Remove the box around the number and only make the number visible. Then make the number dynamically change to be the opposite color of the background.
Or even easier would be to just move it to the bottom. I think that makes the most sense
11-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Remove the box around the number and only make the number visible. Then make the number dynamically change to be the opposite color of the background.
Or even easier would be to just move it to the bottom. I think that makes the most sense
Option 1 is not so easy (well, probably can be done with Shaders, but I'm a shader newbie)...
Option 2 is something I considered, but looking down (and between your fingers) to check your score could often result in a death, which might be even more annoying to players... but I'll give it a go, no harm in trying!
11-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Finally spent some quality time with Binary Rush. It's a twitchy minimal high score chaser which reminds me of dEXTRIS, except the one aspect that Coolpepper already touched upon, which is the responsiveness of the controls. The rings definitely need to slide faster for a more immersive experience. I love the minimal design(it's so clean and simple) and the two-color pattern combinations are spot on. Do the colors change every 20 points? I don't have a problem with the score on the top and usually with twitch games, I may glance at the score a little, but I'm mostly busy focusing on the gameplay. Once you fix the responsiveness of the controls, this will be an awesome twitchy high score chaser. Also, I just noticed that there is no leaderboard or achievements...

Last edited by paulkane; 11-08-2014 at 08:38 AM.
11-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
Finally spent some quality time with Binary Rush. It's a twitchy minimal high score chaser which reminds me of dEXTRIS, except the one aspect that Coolpepper already touched upon, which is the responsiveness of the controls. The rings definitely need to slide faster for a more immersive experience. I love the minimal design(it's so clean and simple) and the two-color pattern combinations are spot on. Do the colors change every 20 points? I don't have a problem with the score on the top and usually with twitch games, I may glance at the score a little, but I'm mostly busy focusing on the gameplay. Once you fix the responsiveness of the controls, this will be an awesome twitchy high score chaser. Also, I just noticed that there is no leaderboard or achievements...
Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix the responsiveness, and I'll add some achievements.
Leaderboard should work though, if it doesn't, it's an Apple issue (they're having some problems with Game Center, I'll contact them).

EDIT : the colors change every 10 seconds or so.
11-17-2014, 02:22 PM
I (finally) submitted an update in which the responsiveness is much quicker, the scores are at the bottom, and which also includes some game center achievements.