App description: Ever wonder if you've got what it takes to control the skies?

SkyTroller is an air traffic control game for the iPhone or iPod Touch. From the vantage of your radar screen you watch as flights from across the country converge in your airspace high over Kansas. But don't get too comfortable... you have only seconds to react and keep aircraft in your sector safe as jets bear down on each other at nearly 900 miles per hour.

Air traffic controllers need cool heads and strategic minds as they strive to avoid "Critical Separation Losses". Plan ahead and respond quickly by assigning new flight levels as traffic conflicts arise, and you can stay on the job to play another day.

See if you've got what it takes! Score high enough and you never know, the FAA might call.

--
User Feedback:
"Programming feels rock solid." -PlaneFan
"The app UI is awesome. I like the graphics." -Mavesp
"Just like being an air traffic controller" -kalel39
"Nice game for those interested in ATC" - shaken not stirred

If you enjoy SkyTroller - Enroute Air Traffic Control, you might also enjoy: Funny 500 - Insults and Putdowns, Funny 500 - Riddles, Funny 500 - Fun Facts, Funny 500: Pickup Lines and Fun Bar Jokes, Funny 500 - Famous Quotes, Funny 500 - Knock Knock Jokes, Bike Light - Flashing Safety Light, King Pin Bowling, Monkey Bowl - Family Bowling Fun, and 15,000 Baby Names.

Words that you might associate with SkyTroller - Enroute Air Traffic Control are: air, traffic, control, airplane, aircraft, plane, jet, flight, flight control, enroute, en route, ATC, radar, simulate, simulator, simulation, altitude, ascend, descend, and airspace.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

09-05-2009, 10:46 AM
I wish the game descriptions told you how you would be manipulating the jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
I wish the game descriptions told you how you would be manipulating the jets
SkyTroller™ Tutorial Screens
http://skytroller.com/
09-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
...thanks

...hmmm, tho I'm not sure if the directions make it seem fun or if it's a game designed to give you an ulcer

They should have named the game "Pushing Tin"

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 09-05-2009 at 11:10 AM.
09-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
So the only control you have is changing incoming planes' height?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So the only control you have is changing incoming planes' height?
...looks like it

Quote:
Quote:
09-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Yep thats it, I deleted it, regret my poor 2$

Drunk Stowaway on the Front page Tugboat! Join Here!
Beta Tested: Parallelus, Koala Dartz, Never ending Defending, Golden Sun, Secret app (x2), Earth Vs. Moon, Somba app, Copa! Shameless copying of Kamazar's Sig
iFallout Incident 09/ THE SEARCH FOR THE WATER FILTER! EPIC!/The Craigslist Event
09-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
Yep thats it, I deleted it, regret my poor 2$
so was there anything redeeming to the game?

Quote:
Quote:
09-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
so was there anything redeeming to the game?
ya I know, I'm kinda sad. Was hoping that it was going to turn out to be good cause it sure does look realistic all the way down to the flight progress strips which are used in real life. There's gotta be something good....

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
09-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Altitude Separation

Thanks for the comments. FYI, SkyTroller was built to teach the basic skills of ATC and to give people a feel for what the job is really like within the confined spaces and capability of the iPhone or iPod touch. Since there was already a game out there that relied entirely on vectoring around an airport, we thought it would be fun to offer another view of the sport.

Altitude is called `the controller`s friend`for good reason. It is the primary tool by which separation is effected, with vectoring (changing direction) and speed control used very sparingly, especially in enroute applications. Terminal and airport control, not so much.

We`re already taking suggestions and dreaming up how we can add more features in the future. In the meantime, *IF* you can solve the puzzle using altitude separation alone, the FAA wants to hear from you!