★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Experience over 39 million possible course combinations with Infinite Golf!

Procedurally generated 2D courses
Each hole is different with it's own unique terrain
Game Center Leaderboards for the front 9, 18, 36, 50 and 100 holes
Infinite holes -play forever, or until your battery runs out!
Simple but accurate one finger control
A choice of two control methods depending on screen size and preference
11 Game Center Achievements
Every hole is a par 3!
Scores can be reset back to Hole 1
The Average Stroke Per Hole Leaderboard becomes active after hole 100

Buy now and enjoy the drive!
10-18-2014, 08:51 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,797
So, I posted this because after buying and playing Desert Golfing...I've not been entirely impressed as most seem to be. This one seems to have some life to it and it's loaded with leaderboards and achievements. I'm buying it right now and I'll be back with my take sometime soon.

10-20-2014, 07:10 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,797
Okay, thought I'd report back about Infinite Golf. In three words...I like it... In more words;

As I said in my first post, I picked this up due to being underwhelmed by Desert Golfing. This game kind of fills in the gaps that DG left open. This game has obstacles, two control methods and quite a few GC leaderboards+achievements. There's also counters on the game screen informing you of what your real-time stats are including your total par count and average shots per hole are. The leaderboards and achievements kind of give you something to "shoot" for no pun intended

For anyone interested in this type of golf game I have a pretty easy conscience recommending Infinite golf. One pretty big difference between the two games I've mentioned is that where in DG the ball physics feel floaty to me, in IG there is more of a rigid feel to the physics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	79674  
10-26-2014, 07:56 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
How do the controls work on this game? It's currently on sale.
10-26-2014, 10:01 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
How do the controls work on this game? It's currently on sale.
There are two control setups, they basically work the same. The first one, which I'll call direct control, you touch anywhere on screen and a line connects to your ball, the farther you move your finger toward the hole the longer the line, indicating the ammount of power you will hit the ball with when you release your finger. I don't prefer the first method I find this second method the better of the two, I'll refer to it as relative control. It works similar to direct, but as you touch anywhere on screen you bring up a small indicator of your ball, as you drag your finger the indicator stays where you originally touched and a line from there emerges indicating the ammount of power you will swing with. For me this method works better so I can see my ball without my finger obscuring the actual path of where the ball will travel.

Hopefully this explanation doesn't confuse you as I'm not great with words sometimes
11-13-2014, 11:48 AM
#6
20 under par after 100 holes is my best effort. Someone else has 23 under. I agree about the different physics in this game; I much prefer the more rigid feel. It allows you to achieve the perfect shot (ball directly in the hole without bouncing) on occasion, which almost always bounces out in Desert Golfing.

IsDonsIsGood
11-13-2014, 11:49 AM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVendrell View Post
20 under par after 100 holes is my best effort. Someone else has 23 under. I agree about the different physics in this game; I much prefer the more rigid feel. It allows you to achieve the perfect shot (ball directly in the hole without bouncing) on occasion, which almost always bounces out in Desert Golfing.
Alright more competition
11-15-2014, 06:37 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,797
Bump...

With all the hype surrounding Golfiniy and all the continued praise for Desert Golfing, I just thought some of you might want to pick this up; the best in the sub-genre of endless golfing.
11-17-2014, 01:38 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Bump...

With all the hype surrounding Golfiniy and all the continued praise for Desert Golfing, I just thought some of you might want to pick this up; the best in the sub-genre of endless golfing.
Though we differ in our opinions of Desert Golfing--the original endless golf game, the purest, starkest, perfectest endless golf game--you've just about convinced me to pick this up. I'm at Hole 4000 in DG and I think the hole designs are pretty flat and uniform from there to eternity. So I'm looking for a new challenge in this genre and have decided to overlook my initial reaction that this game is merely a knock-off of DG. I'll post impressions soon.
11-17-2014, 02:41 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
Though we differ in our opinions of Desert Golfing--the original endless golf game, the purest, starkest, perfectest endless golf game--you've just about convinced me to pick this up. I'm at Hole 4000 in DG and I think the hole designs are pretty flat and uniform from there to eternity. So I'm looking for a new challenge in this genre and have decided to overlook my initial reaction that this game is merely a knock-off of DG. I'll post impressions soon.
It's certainly in the of the same ilk as DG but if you like challenging layouts and trying to dominate leaderboards and collect achievements then you'll really like this game. I recommend starting the game with control method B. Please do come back and let us know how you like it