★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hybrid Eternal Whisper Touchgen review

09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Hybrid Eternal Whisper Touchgen review

http://www.touchgen.net/hybrid-review

Quote:

The Good

Hybrid’s fresh take on RPG’s is satisfying, addicting and fun. The graphics and polish are amazing with an art style that makes this look like and RPG you want to play. In addition to tons of content in the story line (seems about 40 hours) you also have unlimited play time in the garden. Post garden scores online and gloat about your accomplishments, or become the best on the planet! Combat stays fresh and fun giving you tons of opportunity to learn new moves and magic, fight new people, and terrorize many types of bosses. RPG and fighting style games come together in an amazing Hybrid (see what I did there) that results in one of the funnest games for the iPhone.

The Bad

Fans of some old or “Classic” RPG’s may find the real-time combat off-putting. Instead of relying purely on strategy you must have quick finger reflexes and be able to think on your feet to do well in this game. Classic RPG’ers may also miss the wandering around and adventuring through towns, but I think the game makes up for it in telling a deep and interesting story as you go. For it’s graphical brilliance there are a limited set of backgrounds and baddies to fight, while it may take you a while to see all of them, they do repeat a lot in the game.

The Bottom Line

It’s not a stretch to call Hybrid the best RPG on the iPhone. For those of you searching for an amazing iPhone RPG, you have found your prize. This game combines unique iPhone controls with a unique storyline, fantastic characters, fast paced gameplay, and tons and tons of depth. What more could you want?Towns?, you don’t need no stinkin’ towns!

---------
Presentation & Graphics

I’m a sucker for good pixel art, and Hybrid delivers. Along with great characters and animation the UI, items, and menus are all brilliant. I would like to see a little more variety but what you get is quite visually stunning.

Sound

The sound is good, but can get a little repetitive. A little above standard fare for an RPG.

Gameplay

Here is where Gamevil has really hit a homerun. Hybrid takes out all the useless parts of the RPG and hones it down to it’s tasty nuggets. For a on-the-go platform like iPhone and iPod Touch Hybrid is a perfect fit.

Gamelife

Kudos to Gamevil for taking a classic RPG style gaming and coming up with a way to include other players. Playing in the tower give you infinite play possibility, which is good, but what makes Hybrid stand out is the ability to post your high score and check against other players across the globe. This give you a lot more incentive to come back and do your best. Oh, and by the way, the normal game, probably has over 40 hours of gameplay, stick that in your iPhone and play it.

Game Rating - Editor’s Choice!

It is not lightly that I call Hybrid the best RPG on the iPhone right now, and the title certainly didn’t come accidentally. You can tell that the creative geniuses at Gamevil have worked hard to make this an experience made for your how you use your iPhone. Hybrid is an Editor’s Choice and will be a contendor for game of the year. Finally, the must have RPG for your iPhone or iPod Touch is here.

Last edited by arta; 09-05-2009 at 04:36 PM.
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
This is great news

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius

09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=18942

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
09-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
I didn't post the entire article. There's also a link.
09-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Way to be the forum hallway monitor. :P

"I love escalators. They can never break. They can only become stairs." -Mitch Hedburg
09-05-2009, 05:52 PM
09-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Heres a hands on from NoDPad.com
http://nodpad.com/2009/08/31/hands-o...ernal-whisper/

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM
does this game have a release date?

plus+ ID: jknightx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I don't really think you need to be a "baller" to afford a $6 video game.
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeknightx View Post
does this game have a release date?
It's been submitted.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
It's been submitted.
Really! Wow im pumped

plus+ ID: jknightx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I don't really think you need to be a "baller" to afford a $6 video game.