★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Seashine - Can you survive the abyss?

10-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Seashine - Can you survive the abyss?

UPDATE - Release date: August 23, 2015
Feel free to join the Beta here.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Hey there!

After being a bit too shy to show my own work considering the awesome things we can see around here, it's time for me to reveal my very first game (still in development). Let me present you Seashine, a poetic journey into the abyss.

Seashine lets you play as a fragile creature struggling to maintain an ever fading light in the darkness of the deep ocean caves. The game is a poetic, yet oppressive journey into the deeps.
Built to be an experience before all, Seashine mixes exploration, reflection, and survival.

In a perpetual search for light, the player will have to hunt and find rare light sources to live a few more minutes while avoiding the many dangers of this silent underworld - from the exotic creatures looming in the dark to the natural and supernatural obstacles.

I'll be happy to answer your questions if you have any.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Last edited by pated; 08-02-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Adding release date and Beta access link
10-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Graphics look amazing. How do you control the jellyfish creature ?

10-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Looks awesome! Don't wanna wait that long, though!
10-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Jaw dropping beauty! How much will it cost? I can't wait!!!
10-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Looks stunning! I'll be keeping an eye on this one... Graphics are absolutely beautiful!
10-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Thank you so much guys.

@psj3809: The game uses a smooth one-finger tilt-and-tap control scheme. I like simplicity.

@coolpepper43: It won't cost anything (and - let me reassure you - it won't be an intrusive free-to-play either).
However the PC/Mac version (if there is one, needs confirmation) will cost something!
10-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Looks great

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
10-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pated View Post
Thank you so much guys.

@psj3809: The game uses a smooth one-finger tilt-and-tap control scheme. I like simplicity.

@coolpepper43: It won't cost anything (and - let me reassure you - it won't be an intrusive free-to-play either).
However the PC/Mac version (if there is one, needs confirmation) will cost something!

F2P with consumable IAPs or unlock IAP? It looks great, definitely not a game for Clash of Clans' or Candy Crush's audience. Why F2P?

And I think you should consider to include alternative controls with a virtual stick and a button. Many people don't like tilt controles and some people give up playing a game if it has tilt controls.

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 10-21-2014 at 01:06 PM.
10-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Thank you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
F2P with consumable IAPs or unlock IAP? It looks great, definitely not a game for Clash of Clans' or Candy Crush's audience. Why F2P?
Consumable IAPs keeping you safe for a few seconds if you're a bit too anxious or scared.
It was really a hard choice for me to choose between pay-to-play or free-to-play for a first game. But the soft F2P model won the battle for Seashine.
It allows me to reach the maximum number of souls, sure, but it also allows me to keep adding content and levels on a regular basis and still be sustainable.
There is so much to explore in this secret underworld, I don't think I want to stop yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
And I think you should consider to include alternative controls with a virtual stick and a button. Many people don't like tilt controles and some people give up playing a game if it has tilt controls.
You're totally right! I'm fully aware of that since I'm one of these gamers. I usually switch to joystick.
I'm very satisfied with the tilt controls atm but I've also been testing secondary controls for the last two months. I'm not sure if I'll keep a 2nd control mode yet. If I don't put it on V1.0 I'll keep it ready for the first update in case control mode 1 is really problematic to some people.
10-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Eagerly waiting for this beautiful game, and i second the joystick control! ~i hate tilt only...