★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Introducing: The Official Hoff Zombie Beach! The Hoff defends his beach against waves of Zombies.

Hoff Zombie Beach is a fun, fast paced action combat game. Defend your sand castles, upgrade your weapons, clear the beach of all zombies, non stop exhilarating excitement.

Features:

* Official app voiced by The Hoff
* Hilarious weapons including Bird Bombs, Goo Gun and Hoff Concerts.
* Numerous Zombies including Sunbathers, Pirates and Undead Fans!
* The Hoff Sound board

What are you waiting for? Time to get those Zombies Hoff the beach!
10-25-2014, 03:15 AM
Hoff Zombie Beach

What can I say? It's THE HOFF! This doesn't take itself too seriously, though, and it's pretty fun. Wish the digital control buttons could be moved closer.

10-25-2014, 03:20 AM
Lol. Downloading it now. It's got voice acting from The Hoff, I can't pass it up.
10-25-2014, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Lol. Downloading it now. It's got voice acting from The Hoff, I can't pass it up.
Lol, when you say the Hoff they could legally use any ones voice because it's not using his real name. Is this an offical Hasselhoff game?
10-25-2014, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Lol, when you say the Hoff they could legally use any ones voice because it's not using his real name. Is this an offical Hasselhoff game?
Oooh, I didn't think of that! Good thinking! I bought it anyway. We'll see how it is.
10-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Yep--it's an official Hasselhoff game! It's been officially endorsed and the Hoff is into this kind of self-referential humour. This article has Hasselhoff talking a bit about his own game: http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...he-berlin-wall

Here's another article: http://www.digitalspy.com.au/gaming/...oTHwdJhB4jcl4w

Last edited by verlaine; 10-25-2014 at 06:21 AM.
10-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Impressions in a while. As soon as I read fight zombies to the bay watch theme it was bought and downloading hope I haven't been ripped hoff

Well it's not great but it's not bad. It's the kind of thing is have expected on the App Store a few years back in the simpler days. You just move up and down the screen a press shoot, you can take three weapons with you into a stage and the coins you earn let you buy new weapons or upgrade them. You can replay stages for extra money and that's about it. Oh finishing levels also gets you a new voice clip on the hoff sound board
Wouldn't really reccomend it to normal people only crazies like myself who like the hoff
Even so it'll probably be deleted soon enough as its not good enough to earn a place on my phone for long.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.

Last edited by Sexy Pirate; 10-25-2014 at 11:24 AM.
10-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Thank you guys for the info!
10-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Yup. Like SP said, it's not a great game, but it's not bad either. It's pretty much slapping a "celebrity" in a mediocre game to sell more copies. I'd say it's KINDA worth the buck. I'll play it till it's finished, but with the AppStore flooded with great 99cent games, this is hard to recommend.
10-25-2014, 08:56 PM
It's not a bad game--a pretty basic 'Hoff brand' lane shooter. Unfortunately, the levels become incredibly frustrating because some enemies are resistant to nearly everything except the latest weapons. The worst part is that not only are the upgrades expensive--ammunition costs a lot of money. In the later stages, ammunition for a fully upgraded flare gun costs 500 coins for only *one* round, while ammunition for a fully upgraded guitar costs 450 coins for *five* rounds. In the last set of stages, you might spend between 75-100 ammunition rounds of the latest weapon because just about all enemies are resistant to nearly everything. So guess what? You're going to have to grind *a lot* just to be able to afford ammunition for the harder stages. I keep grinding on the second stage with a fully upgraded goo gun (your default weapon has infinite ammunition, but unfortunately, most enemies are resistant to it).

Last edited by verlaine; 10-25-2014 at 09:01 PM.