★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **Half price for a limited time only**

Swap Heroes is a casual turn-based strategy adventure. Form a group of heroes and guide them in battle through levels of increasingly difficult enemies. Only the strongest and most coordinated parties will survive the danger that lies ahead!

Reviews:

"Swap Heroes is a fun, casual take on roguelike strategy games, and I greatly appreciate that." - App Advice - 4.5/5

"A neat mix of ideas wrapped in a package that makes you want to play, Swap Heroes is well worth a look" - Pocket Gamer 8/10

"It's easy to get your money's worth out of this one, and it's perfect to just pick up and play whenever." - Touch Arcade - 4/5

"Theres an interesting puzzle game here that drives you to try over and over." - Gamezebo - 4/5

Features:

- Assemble a party of 4 characters (8 to choose from).
- Guide your party through a wide variety of locations each with unique and challenging enemies.
- Activate each character's devastating skill by swapping them forward.
- Earn gold to purchase various character upgrades at the shop.
- Battle to the death. If one character falls, so does the group. Be careful!

*No in-app purchases or ads.*
10-21-2014, 10:56 AM
This looks awesome, will certainly be picking this up. Deserves a lot more attention but then I'm not surprised, seems to be standard these days unfortunately.

10-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Been playing this for the past 20 minutes and I have one thing to say to this.... BUY IT NOW. THIS GAME IS AMAZING. simple, but still involves strategy because if one of your party member dies, all of them dies. Cool upgrades for each character and no IAP. AWESOME and beautiful graphics of course the music is okay imo

im a rpg loving kind of guy
10-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Game trailer

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
10-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Ok... This game is genius.

Innovative mechanics which involves a bit of puzzle, a bit of strategy, and a few of luck.

Add that with beautiful art style, decent sounds, and a premium price point, and you have something of what many consider to be a must-play.

Basically you have a party of 4 with 3 in front, and one in the back. You tap any 2 characters to swap them, and after every swap, everyone attacks, while the one in your backline heals a little. A character swapping from the back uses skills. Each of the characters have unique stats from HP, to range to damage, and their skills, which vary from damage to healing, and whatever skills i havent unlocked in the other classes yet.

There are 8 classes, 4 of them are available at the start of the game. You unlock each other class by using purple coins which you gain at the end of each game.

With each kill you do, you gain gold coins which you use to upgrade your characters in between levels. This is where luck comes in as you dont really choose which of the upgrades will be available each time they show up, but you are given 4 upgrades that you can choose from to upgrade your characters.

The progression system is similar to a roguelike where each game is a new game, and your main objective is to get to the end of the game by battling through enemies in 5 different areas, in which each area has 3 different levels/stages to go through.

Really loving this game right now, and i highly recommend picking it up, especially for those who like a bit of RPG, a bit of Strategy, and a bit of puzzle.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-21-2014, 12:54 PM
What a breath of fresh air! Innovative, challenging, beautiful, yet so very accessible.

I have 7 of the 8 characters and must get that vampire!
10-21-2014, 01:27 PM
^Vampire has an AOE attack, and AOE skill, she's awesome!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Ok... This game is genius.

Innovative mechanics which involves a bit of puzzle, a bit of strategy, and a few of luck.

Add that with beautiful art style, decent sounds, and a premium price point, and you have something of what many consider to be a must-play.

Basically you have a party of 4 with 3 in front, and one in the back. You tap any 2 characters to swap them, and after every swap, everyone attacks, while the one in your backline heals a little. A character swapping from the back uses skills. Each of the characters have unique stats from HP, to range to damage, and their skills, which vary from damage to healing, and whatever skills i havent unlocked in the other classes yet.

There are 8 classes, 4 of them are available at the start of the game. You unlock each other class by using purple coins which you gain at the end of each game.

With each kill you do, you gain gold coins which you use to upgrade your characters in between levels. This is where luck comes in as you dont really choose which of the upgrades will be available each time they show up, but you are given 4 upgrades that you can choose from to upgrade your characters.

The progression system is similar to a roguelike where each game is a new game, and your main objective is to get to the end of the game by battling through enemies in 5 different areas, in which each area has 3 different levels/stages to go through.

Really loving this game right now, and i highly recommend picking it up, especially for those who like a bit of RPG, a bit of Strategy, and a bit of puzzle.

Everything you said is true. And for 99 cent this game is a major win

10-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Just got the vampire. You were right, so strong! Any good party groups you've found? I have a hard time getting past the caves.
10-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20hearts View Post
Just got the vampire. You were right, so strong! Any good party groups you've found? I have a hard time getting past the caves.
This game looks like it could be updated with more characters yeah? Love this simple but strategic game