Train Conductor 3 is in development!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AgentSimon, Oct 21, 2014.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    This looks awesome...Thanks for adding all those achievement points to the original! Please do the same with Train Conductor 3! Not everyone uses Facebook:)

Don

2. AgentSimon

AgentSimon Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Male
    Game Designer
    Melbourne
    No problem Don.

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I enjoyed the first two and am looking forward to this.

4. AgentSimon

Oct 12, 2009
    Male
    Game Designer
    Melbourne
    the first people in the world to have a play with be those at PAX Australia next weekend... if you're lucky to be down under come say hi at our booth.

and... there will be plenty of vids going up of the gameplay, so you'll get more than a teaser come next weekend!

if you haven't played either of the originals, drop me a DM and i'll get you a promo (i've got a few spare)

5. AgentSimon

Oct 12, 2009
    Male
    Game Designer
    Melbourne
    Here's a few more details about the game http://www.hittincrits.com/featured/train-conductor-3-review/

From the article:

"Now, to get into the nitty-gritty:

Even at a quick glance at the screen, Train Conductor 3 is a work of art. The graphics are 3D, but done in such a way they have the same, clear cut look you’d expect of an adorable 2D game. It’s really such a pleasure to look at, and I love the way the tracks slide up and connect to each other.
    Now I played this on an iPad, and I gotta tell ya, the touch interface was so smooth. There was no clunkiness or lag to be seen whatsoever, I could yank those trains onto tracks as fast as I damn well pleased without a hitch or complaint from the software at all.

Sadly I don’t think I was able to hear the audio on this one, but going by both the trailer and Train Conductor 2‘s music, I can pretty much guarantee you’re in for a real treat for upbeat, jiggy music that changes mood depending on the level. It’s catchy but never feels repetitive when playing for long periods of time, which I think is paramount to have in games like this.

In comparison to the earlier two Train Conductor titles, Train Conductor 3 runs a lot more smoothly, and the graphics have had a really sweet upgrade.

There’s also this new star system, where all the trains are carrying a star. If you get them to go onto the right track with a star, you get bonus time. However, if you stop the train to avoid a collision, you’ll lose the star the train had. This new feature certainly spices things up a bit and forces the player to be more cunning with where they plonk the trains."

6. This looks fantastic, look forward to playing it!

7. ctirel01

ctirel01 Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Train Conductor

I have always lvoed rail since I was a little kid, this touches my heart.

8. cugieni4

cugieni4 Member

Nov 6, 2014
    train

Looks amazing! Can't wait.

9. AgentSimon

Oct 12, 2009
    Male
    Game Designer
    Melbourne
    We just posted a new image of one of the levels... Bruges.[​IMG]

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    cool, this is one of the games that i enjoyed back in 3g/3gs era :) and its just getting better.